Chapter Five

Chapter five

Fifteen minutes after the ringing of the school bell, Leana was walking towards the bus stop with her friends.

During their last class the five of them had agreed to make their homework together at the twins' house. Partly because they loved working together and always had fun.

But also partly because there were some exercises they had to do for Mathematics and Physics that they didn't really understand and Leana and Hailey would be able to explain those to the rest of them.

 They were waiting for their bus when a voice sounded from next to them, saying, “Hello again, Leana.”

They all looked up and Leana smiled when she saw who it was, “Hello Colin.”

He then greeted every single one of her friends with a smile, “Hello, everyone. I'm Colin.”

Leana's friends all greeted him back with a 'hello' followed by their own names. Since all of them said it at the same time, it was difficult to distinguish which name belonged to who.

But Colin didn't seem bothered by it, all he said was, “Nice to meet you all.”

He then looked back at Leana, “Could I talk to you for a second?”

A surprised look came over her face, but she nodded, “Um, yes. Of course. Do you have any questions about something?”

He shook his head, “No, not exactly. It's nothing like that.”

“Oh, okay.”

They walked some sixteen feet away from her circle of friends.  But they all kept looking at them with a curious look in their eyes.

She could just hear Elaine and Mary whispering, “What's going on?”

When Leana and Colin came to a halt the last one scratched his head before talking, “I'm sorry to take you away from your lovely friends, but I think it's a bit important.”

She frowned, not really understanding where he was going with this, “Oh it's fine. Please, tell me what's the matter.”

“Well, I know that this may seem weird and I know that it isn't my place to say this, but I want to apologise for Killian's behaviour earlier today.”

Leana was slightly taken aback by this.

So he had noticed it?

She quickly regained herself and smiling she said, “Oh, don't worry about it... it is okay.”

Colin shook his head, “No, it isn't. He was quite rude to you for, from my perspective at least, nothing.“

The look in her eyes flattened, “Yes, actually he was. I also have no idea why, actually.”

“Yes. And I repeat: I know he should be standing here, apologising to you, but he will never do something like that. “

Then Colin smiled, “Please accept my apology in his place.”

She nodded, “Fine, I will. “

But she couldn't help asking, “Is he always that ill – mannered?” After all it was clear by now, that Colin knew Killian very well.

He laughed, “Well, I know he can be quite a bastard sometimes. But believe it or not, he has a few good sides as well.”

Leana couldn't help herself when a laugh escaped from her throat, “I'm sorry but I really find it hard to believe he has a good side as well.”