Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Their ride on the bus was passed in silence.

Leana was staring through the window, watching buildings, houses and sometimes a part of the sea go by.

She looked at Killian from the corner of her eye.

All the while he had been sitting next to her with a dreamy expression in his eyes and a grin on his face.

This made her clench her teeth and grimace, for she knew very well what he would be thinking right now.

He would be thinking that this was a 'date', but according to her it wasn't. But no matter how many times she had pointed out that it wasn't, he'd always answered her with, “Fine... whatever...” Meaning that he wasn't listening to her.

Fine! If he wants think that, then I will leave him alone in his dream world... at least I know where we stand in reality...

She let out a sigh of relief as the library came into view.

Leana stood up, eager to get out of that bus. But Killian didn't make any attempts to get up, hence she couldn't leave the spot in front of her seat.

He was really blocking her way.

She cleared her throat but still he didn't get up.

Leana let out an annoyed sigh, “Hello! Earth to Killian! Please get up! We're almost there.”

When he still didn't look up, she gave him a not- so light nudge.

“Huh?” Killian looked at her.

“Come on! Snap out of your wonderland already, will you! We're almost at the library bus stop and your blocking my way to the door!”

He grinned, “Well, I can't help it if thinking of you makes me slip in that... what did you call it? Wonderland? Are you a Lewis Carroll fan perhaps?”

She blushed at his explanation and cast down her eyes, “Think what you like, but please let us get off this bus now! The doors will open any moment!”

He laughed, “Okay, okay... let's go to the library... together.”

Killian had given her a half- smile at saying that last word.

Trying to ignore the warmth of her cheeks and what he'd just said, she followed him to the doors and they got off.

Right in front of the doors of the library, she hesitated.

Of course Killian noticed that and suddenly took her right hand in his.

Her eyes widened as she looked at him, “What on earth do you think you're doing!”

She pulled her hand loose, but a few seconds later he grabbed it again, making her feel annoyed once more.

“Let go!”

“No! Don't act brave. It's normal for you to hesitate, considering what happened here.”

She gave him a glare, “I'll be fine! I'm stronger than you think I am! Now, let go of my hand!”

Leana gave her hand a strong pull and succeeded in freeing it from his grip.

A victorious smile appeared on her lips, “Ha! Finally free!” and with that said she went inside, hearing Killian chuckle behind her.

When they stopped in front of the librarian's desk to say hello, misses Lawrence beamed at them, “Oh, how delightful! It's my favourite couple! How have you been Leana?”