Chapter Eight

Chapter eight

After the ringing of the school bell Killian turned towards Leana, in order to ask her about their assignment and of course to tease her a little bit more.

But at the moment he opened his mouth she stood up without giving him one single look and walked straight through the door of the classroom.

Is she actually running away from me?

A confused smile appeared on his face for this was a totally different reaction than the one he'd had from her this morning.

A look of admiration appeared in his eyes as her remembered the fire she'd had in her this morning.

He'd been so close to getting the reaction he'd wanted, but again he hadn't gotten it.

Just wait, he thought, I'll get the reaction that I want from her soon. Just wait another week.

Killian grinned at that thought and put his belongings in his backpack.

When he walked into the hallway, he knew exactly where he had to go first before going home.

He stopped at a few feet from Miss Goody – Two – Shoes's locker and stared at her.

She was leaning her head against her locker, clearly trying to calm herself down after the news they'd just received.

So, I will have to work together with this girl for a most important dissertation.

A mischievous glint appeared in his brown eyes, oh I'm really looking forwards to that. It means more opportunities for teasing her.

He cleared his throat, “So, it seems like we'll have to spend a lot of time together, doesn't it, partner?”

Killian actually saw her flinch at the sound of his voice.

He started to smile, but it faltered when he saw the sad look in her eyes.

Maybe I have hurt her after all...

His eyes widened at that thought and he quickly lectured himself for even having that ridiculous thought.

She'll be all right!

He gave her a half-smile, “So, when will be our first meeting?”

The sad expression disappeared from her eyes and was immediately replaced with a flash of anger.

Despite this, her voice remained surprisingly calm when she spoke, “Hopefully never.”

He gave a short laugh, “Well, that's nice of you... Well, you can't change anything about it, partner.”

She narrowed her green-grey eyes at him, “Want to bet?”

Killian's eyebrows knitted together as he stared at her, “Okay, what are you planning to do, miss Goody – Goody?”

She kept staring at him, “I am going to the headmistress about this!”

For a second, he was taken aback by that, but then he smiled at her, “And what good is that going to do? Mister O' Connell himself has put the groups together.”

She bit her inner cheek, “I know, so I'm going to ask miss Taylor if something can be done about that.”

Miss Prim and Proper was about to walk past him but he walked in front of her once more, blocking her path again.

“Please, step aside.” A small tremor could just be heard in her voice.

He grinned, “Oh, doesn't this feel like a deja - vu to you?”