Chapter Six

Chapter six

Killian walked through the doors of the school's hallway.

As he looked at the clock he groaned, it was only ten past eight.

Normally he would arrive at school much later but today was an exception.

His father had to go to another interview today, this time it was for the magazine Kerrang! . They wanted to do an interview on the launch of his new single and had requested for his mother to accompany him as wel

Killian chuckled, they probably wanted to ask her the same questions they always asked. Things like “are you excited that your husband is known world – wide or does it scare you?” Or maybe it was a question like this, “so tell me misses Firedon, was your husband's new single inspired by you?”

Anyway, Killian's parents needed to be in London on time so they had to leave quite early. So, they had decided to drop Killian off at school first before driving off to the big city, hence their son was so early today.

His eyes travelled around the hallway and he was glad to see he wasn't the only one there. There were already some students, standing in their usual groups and talking to each other.

Then his gaze fell on a particular person.

He smiled at the image of Miss Goody – Goody, sitting in front of her locker with her nose stuck in one of her textbooks. Just like any other morning.

Unbelievable! He thought.

Is she actually trying to remember every single word of that damn textbook?

Then a mischievous grin appeared on his face, as he remembered the little remark competition they’d had three days ago.

Oh he sure had driven her mad back then. So mad even that he was kind of proud of himself, seeing as he'd had the wanted response from her.

His grin faded as he thought of something else.

Okay, sometimes she had hit a sensitive spot with her snide remarks but he was sure this had been the case because he hadn't really expected her to react in that way.

She'd even tried to put him in his place, which made her the first one, next to his family, who had actually dared to do that.

But yes, it seemed as if Miss Goody – Two – Shoes had some fire in her after all. He seemed to find that very interesting.

Killian's hand travelled to his arm, remembering the way she had gripped it in order to keep him from showing Colin around on his own.

Well, he had to admit that it had hurt a bit, well quite a bit. If she had lost control of herself, she would've probably cut off his bloodstream or something.

A laugh escaped from his throat at the vision of that mock – sweet smile she'd had on her face while challenging him.She was always able to keep that smile in place, even when pure anger was radiating off her.

Over the past three days, he hadn't done anything to annoy her again. He figured she'd needed some space to breathe, to gather her strength again for his next 'attack'.

Well, he decided that her time of peace would come to an end today.

Oh yes, the game was still on!

Maybe he should raise the bar a little bit, just to know at which point she would totally snap.

Oh yes, he wanted a particular reaction from her. A reaction in which she would be absolutely furious and where she would finally lose that mock – friendly smile of hers.