Chaper 9

I wake up to Jordan's alarm, and I find myself laying on his warm chest, his arm around me

I let out a groan,"What time is it?"
"Seven," he replies, his voice raspy from sleep, which was really hot.
"Do you have to work today?" I ask.
"Yeah," he replies.
I get up off of his chest and go into the bathroom, putting on my clothes from yesterday. I comb out my hair before leaving the bathroom, running into Jordan in the hall.
"You leaving?" He asks.
"Yeah, thanks for letting me stay," I say with a smile.
"Anytime," he replies sincerely.
I peck him on the lips before turning around only to be pulled back around.
"You stay at my house and that's all I get in return," he says smiling.
I roll my eyes and stand on my toes, wrapping my arms around his neck, pressing my lips to his, our lips move in sinc as he wraps his arms around my waist.
After I pull away I ask,"Better?"
"Way better."
"Bye Jordan."
"Bye El," he says before I turn around and grab my keys and put my shoes on and leave.
When I get home, I change into a white long sleeve dress that is open shouldered, and some tan wedges. I go in the bathroom and curl my hair and do my makeup, grabbing my phone and leaving my room.
I look in Stiles' room to see Lydia sitting in front of the computer, while Stiles hovers about her.
"Try Maddy. It's got to be Maddy," he says as I walk in and stand beside them.
"Doesn't Maddy feel a little obvious as a cipher key?" Lydia asks.
"I guarantee it's Maddy," Stiles argues. She nods and types in Maddy, but that's not it.
"Ok, how about you name? She left the code for you, so it's gotta be your name." I guess. She types it in, but again it's not it.
"Your mom's name?" But that's not it.
Stiles pursed his lips thinking before asking,"Do you have any beloved family pets?"
This causing Lydia to shake her head and rub her temples.
I sit down next to her,"The ashes were left for you. The code was left for you. You're supposed to be able to figure this out."
"But no one else is. Which is why she made it hard," she adds.
Stiles gets really annoyed of the beeping of the printer, so he shoves some papers in there before turning his attention back to the screen. "No one else, no one else but you..." he mutters.
"What?" Lydia asks.
"Our guesses. They're all about Lorraine. Right? We keep trying to guess a word that has something to do with her. So, maybe we should be trying to guess one that's about you," Stiles suggests.
"Me? What about me?" She asks.
"What do you remember doing with your grandmother? You know, what was your special thing? Did you guys... go to the beach? Did you like ice cream?" I ask.
"We read," Lydia replies.
"Okay, what did you read," I ask.
She thinks a moment,"The Little Mermaid."
Stiles eyebrows raise,"You read that movie?"
"It was a book first. Hans Christian Anderson." She states.
"Type it in, Little Mermaid," He instructs.
She types in Little Mermaid and Mermaid, but they both don't work.
"We read it every night. I got so obsessed with it, for three months I wouldn't respond to anything but Ariel. It drove my late crazy but... Grandma thought it was adorable," she says before typing in Ariel. Finally it works giving us a list of names, only one familiar to me, Lorraine Martin. This must be an old dead pool.
"You recognize any of these?" I ask.
"Just my grandmother," she replied.
Stiles turns his attention to what was printing. "We need to call Scott," he says as he shows us the current dead pool.
We decide to bring this list to Jordan, him being the only one who would help us because our dad isn't there. On the way Stiles calls Scott and tells him about it, and I hear him reply by telling us that Liam and Coach's printer did the same thing.
"Well this isn't another dead pool," Jordan explains as we gather around his desk. "More like an already dead pool."
"All of them?" I ask.
"Within the last 10 years. All suicides. And all at the same place." He answers.
"Eichen house," Stiles says.
We thank him and go into the entry way of the building. Where Lydia suggests we go to Eichen and check the files.
"Lydia, Eichen House isn't a library. You need a warrant to get files from there," I explain to her.
"My grandmother left me a list of 10 suicides including her own. There's got to be a reason why... Is there anyone there who is willing to help us?" Lydia asks.
"No, but there might be someone willing to take a bribe," Stiles replies.
I let out a groan,"Not him."
We go to Eichen house and walk into Brunski's office.
"A thousand," Brunski says after a while.
My eyes widen,"A thousand dollars? To use one little key, to open up one little file room? Are you out of your mind?" Stiles asks.
"When you get the keys, you make the price." Brunski says a sly smile on his face.
"Right. You actually think we have that kind of money?" I ask.
"I know you two don't. If you did, Daddy Sheriff would have paid the bill by now... That's why I'm talking to her," he says while looking at Lydia.
Lydia rolls her eyes and pulls out her wallet before pulling out some money. "I have 500."
He smiles and pulls out a tape, my eyes widening when I see it's the same kind of tape as the ones the assassins got, with the same handwriting on it.
"Follow me," he says while standing up and grabbing the keys. He unlocks the door and lets us in,"Good?"
"Yeah, we can help ourselves." Stiles replies.
"Alright, Lydia, you got the list?" I ask.
She hands it to Stiles and he reads it, frowning in confusion,"Lydia, why did you write another name on here?" He asks.
"I didn't write anything," she replies.
"This is your handwriting," he argues.
"Why would I write another name?" She asks.
"Why would you write mine?" He asks while showing her the list.
"It was the tapes wasn't it?" I hear Brunski say causing me to turn around. Brunski turns on the taser, tazing me in the stomach causing me to cry out in pain, before it all goes black.
I wake up to Lydia's voice yelling for help, and I feel pain in my stomach from the taxer. I look down at my wrists to see they're shackled to a post thing, with Stiles and Lydia on either side of me.
"Lydia, there's a lot of people screaming for help in a place like this. I don't think anyone's listening," I hear Stiles say.
"Well I'm open to better ideas. Because if you didn't notice all those suicides were murders," Lydia replies.
"That's why she left you the message," I say.
"She predicted her own death. She knew I'd figure it out," she says as the door opens signaling that Brunski was back.
"Once you were able to predict your own death. But they weren't murders. I'm not some serial killer like Ted Bundy going around cutting up college girls." he says as he enters with a radie as I fight against my restraints.
"No, you're just an angel of death," Stiles says.
"I don't think you understand my level of commitment to my work her, Stiles. There are people here who don't simply need treatment. They need release. I helped them." He says to Stiles.
"You killed her," Lydia whispers.
"I helped her... And now you can help me. Because there's something about it that's always bothered me," he mutters getting closer to Lydia.
He sits beside her and I putting a tape in the radio. I could her the voice of what must be Lorraine through the speakers,"What are you... Brunski, what are you doing?"
"Don't worry, Lorraine. It's going to be alright. You're just going to have a little trouble breathing," Brunski says in a sinister voice.
"Lydia, look at me. Don't listen. Ok don't listen to it. Just focus on my voice, alright? Don't listen to it, block it out. Lydia? "He says to her.
"Hey turn it off!" Stiles shouts as him causing Brunski to punch him in the face hard enough to knock him to the ground.
Brunski goes over to Lydia grabbing her face,"Just listen. I need your help with this, Lydia." He says to her.
"Please don't..." I hear Lorraine beg weakly.
"Here it is. This is the part I never understood." I hear him whisper.
I hear Lorraine gasp,"Please don't hurt her."
"Don't hurt who?" Brunski asks.
"Ariel," I hear her reply. After that all I could hear is her gasping for breath before her breathing stops for good, as does the tape.
Brunski stands up and walks over to a shelf facing away from me, grabbing something off the shelf. "We get a lot of teenagers trying to break into our drug cabinets. Most of the time they don't succeed. But you three, look pretty clever to me." He says as he says as he set a first aid kit down in front of me. He opens it up pulling out a fairly large syringe and a little bottle, with some kind of clear drug inside. I begin fighting harder against my restraints as he fills the syringe with a lot of the clear stuff, which could only mean bad things.
"I'll admit, Stiles. I don't have any unusual talents like Lydia, but somehow, I just knew we were gonna get a chance to do this again." He says. He then grabs my face and shoves the long needle inside of my neck as I protest. I could feel the drug go inside me, but he was interrupted by the distinct voice of Jordan shout,"Drop it! Take your thumb off that needle and  withdraw from her neck," he says forcefully, I breath a sigh of relief as I see him come into my view, pointing a gun at Brunski.
"Young Deputy. You're just a kid. I bet you've never even fired a..." he doesn't get a chance to finish that sentence because Jordan quickly shooting him in the chest causing the three of us to gasp. Jordan lowers his gun into his holster before gently taking the needle out of my neck, and unties me from the restraints concern filling his eyes. He hesitantly moves onto untying Lydia and Stiles and I hear Lydia say,"He... he killed my grandmother. He was controlling Meredith."
"He used her to create the dead pool," Stiles adds.
"And he killed her when she tried to help us," I state.
Jordan kept his gun pointed at Brunski as he lets out a laugh, blood coming out of his mouth. "You think it at was me? That I was controlling her? Idiots...She was controlling me." he says weakly before his head turns to the side and he stopped breathing. As that happens, I begin to feel weaker, I couldn't lift my body and I found it hard to stay awake.
"Oh God, its not him. He's not the Benefactor," Lydia says.
"No," I hear Meredith say from behind me. "And he wasn't on my list. But he was a bad person. "
"Noelle?" I hear Jordan ask, making me realize I didn't even have my eyes open, so I snapped them open, my gaze meeting his. "Guys, she needs to go to the hospital, can you guys stay with Meredith?"
"Yeah go," I hear Stiles say.
Jordan picks me up bridal style and quickly carries me out of Eichen House. "Noelle, babe, you have to stay awake. El..." he says as I rest my head on his chest, taking in the smell of his cologne.
"I'm trying," I say tiredly as his puts me in his police car.
As he drove, he laced his fingers with mine squeezing my hand every so often so that I would keep my eyes open. But after a while I lost the energy to fight and my eyes drifted shut.

**************************************
Thank you all so much for reading, I had a lot of fun writing this chapter because this episode is one of my favorites in the season!! I mean the amount of stydia going on!!! As always don't forget to vote and leave a comment or two
-S