Chapter 10

I wake up to the smell of disinfectants and weight upon my left hand

I wake up to the smell of disinfectants and weight upon my left hand. I open my eyes letting them adjust to the light, before looking around, I was in a hospital room. I look to my left and see Jordan gripping my hand, his head laying by my waist, fast asleep. He looked peaceful, and I didn't really want to wake him up. Thankfully I didn't have to because right when I was going to, his eyes snapped open and he sat up.
"Hey sleeping beauty, how was your nap?" I joke with a smile.
He lets out a chuckle, a small smile upon his face,"I could say the same to you. You scared me for a while there."
I frown,"I'm sorry."
He holds my hand again,"It's not your fault, I'm just glad you're ok," he says, a wave of relief washing over his face.
"How long was I out?" I ask.
"Just a couple hours, it's like 11," he replies. "How are you feeling?"
"I'm alright," Smiling even though I still felt waves of exhaustion run through me. "Can I leave now?" I ask quickly.
"Are you sure? Maybe you should just rest until morning," he asks frowning in concern.
"Not with the dead pool still going on," I reply stubbornly.
He let out a sigh,"Lydia told me you'd say that, I'll grab your discharge papers. Lydia dropped off some clothes for you."
I reach over and hug him,"Thanks for being there," I say resting my head on his shoulder.
"That's my job," he replies as we pull away. "I'll be right back." He says before leaving the room.
I then get out of the hospital bed and grab my bag of clothes that Lydia brought for me and head to the bathroom. I put on this white slightly cropped off one shoulder sweater, black skinny jeans, and some black boots. I quickly put two French braids in my messy hair, and wiped any excess makeup off my face.
I dug at the bottom of my bag and found the small arrow necklace that Allison gave me, making me smile, this is why Lydia is my best friend. I put it on, and I immediately feel this determination within me, for Allison. I walk out, and Jordan is standing there, looking down at some papers, waiting for me, and I can't help but admire him for afar.
"You ready?" He asks as he looks up at me. I walk over and press my lips to his, he immediately reacts kissing me back as he raises his hands to either side of my face, his thumbs stroking my cheeks. Kissing him never gets old, it's the same amazing feeling that brings a happiness within me. The whole butterflies in my stomach, fireworks in the air feeling that I thought was only found in movies and books.
When we pull away, I shoot him a smile,"Now I am." I say before grabbing his hand and pulling him out of the hospital room. When we get into his car I let go and hop in the passenger side.
"I'm guessing you're not going home, where to?" He asks once he gets in and starts the car.
I smile,"You know me well, can you take me to the station?" I ask.
"Perfect, I have to go there too," he replies. "Do you even drive your jeep?" He asks with a smile on his face, breaking the silence.
I hit him on the arm lightly,"Hey I do... Sometimes. Besides don't act like you don't enjoy my company."
"I can't argue with that,"he says smiling.
He then drives to the station, and we head inside. Just as we were going to enter the main room, a deputy walks up to us.
"There you are Parrish, Sheriff wants us to go check out Brunski's office at Eichen house," the deputy says.
Jordan nods,"I'll meet you in the car."
The deputy nods and leaves, as soon as he does, Jordan turns to me. "I'll see you later, go home and go home and get some rest soon," he says before pecking me on the lips and heading to the door.
I turned around and headed inside where my Dad was standing, a black sling holding his right arm. He sees me and walks over pulling me into a hug, wrapping his one arm around me. "Thank God you're alright. Honesty, I think we should invest in a Stilinski family hospital rewards card," he jokes with a smile after he pulls away.
I let out a laugh,"Seriously... Wait where's Stiles?"
"He's at the hospital too, he has a minor concussion, but he'll be fine." He replies.
I sigh in relief,"Ok, I should have stopped by." I say, guilt running through me.
"I think he was asleep anyway, don't worry about it," he says patting my shoulder in reassurance. "Hey I have to make a phone call, Lydia is sitting outside my office where Meredith is if you wanted to go talk to her. Lydia not Meredith." He adds before walking away. I nod and make my way over to her. I sit down next to her on the bench outside my dad's office.
I pull my knees up to my chest, "Hey." I say shooting her a small smile.
"Hey, how are you feeling?" She asks.
"Better, how are you doing with finding out Brunski killed your grandmother?" I ask hesitantly.
"I always just had this feeling that she didn't kill herself, so it's nice to know that she got her justice," she explains after a moment.
"Yeah," I say smiling. "So what are you doing here?" I ask.
"I'm not leaving until Meredith talks, I want to know why she did it," Lydia says with determination in her eyes.
"I'll stay too," I say after a while, as tired as I was, I agree with Lydia. I need to know.
She shakes her head,"You should get some rest, I can call you when she does."
"I want to stay, besides, you look like you need some company." I argue stubbornly.