Chapter 43

My eyes snapped open to the familiar sound of crying

My eyes snapped open to the familiar sound of crying. I look around to see I had fallen asleep on the couch, and for a moment I panic. I was not supposed to fall asleep, I had to make supper soon and feed the baby.... The baby, where was Allison? I shoot up from the couch, stumbling slightly as I hadn't moved my body for a while. I follow the sound of her crying to her room. I breathe out a sigh of relief when I see Jordan standing there changing her diaper, by the time I walked in the room she had stopped crying and Jordan was just finishing up in changing her. There stood my little family.
A floorboard creaks under my weight, and Jordan's green eyed gaze falls on me. He shoots me a smile,"Hey babe, did I wake you?"
I nod my head,"Yeah, but that's okay. You weren't supposed to let me fall asleep."
"Well you did get up several times last night with Allison while I was at work. You definitely deserved it," Jordan replies as I walk over to the changing table, looking down at our beautiful daughter.
"Hey baby girl," I say with a wide smile as I poke her lightly in the stomach. My smile widens even more when she shoots me her precious toothless grin.
It has been four months since everything went back to normal, since the hunt left our small town of Beacon Hills. It has been three months since Allison was born, and Jordan and I have been busy getting to know our daughter. Jordan's mom has been in town all summer, she's been such an amazing help and I don't know what I'm going to do without her in a month. We decided to tell her about the supernatural and she was really great about it.
Tonight was the night before my life would become a little different. Lydia and Scott are off to college tonight and Malia was headed to Paris for who knows how long. The friends that have grown to be my family are leaving, and it's hard to come to terms with that. It was now up to me to watch over Liam and the others. But my biggest fear was that something would happen and I would not know exactly what to do. I've never been without my friends in a supernatural situation. And for some reason, I can not get rid of the feeling I have that is telling me something bad is on its way.
"Elle... earth to Elle." I hear, snapping me out of my thoughts. I look over at Jordan,"Are you okay, what's on your mind?"
I let out a sigh as Jordan picks up Allison,"I'm just thinking about my friends leaving today, it's just strange after everything we have been through together."
Jordan wraps his arms around me and Ally and kissed my forehead,"I know it's hard Elle, but things are changing, for all of us. You've got a family and you're taking classes online, and your friends are off doing better things. Along with Stiles going to the FBI, which I was actually surprised he left. But you guys are growing up, it's a part of life. But you will still be able to see them, just not as often."
I shoot him a grateful smile,"Thanks J, I needed that."

A knock on the door, grabs my attention and Jordan and I head to the door to see who it was. I pull open the door to see Scott standing there. He greets Ally and Jordan, before turning to me.
"Hey I know you were supposed to come over later, but I need you now, I think something is happening."
I frown in concern and turn to Jordan,"Go ahead, I'll call my mom to come. I have to work in an hour anyway."
I walk up and kiss him lightly, and then kiss our baby on the head,"Thanks Jordan, I'll call you later. Be safe at work."
"You be safe too Elle."