Chapter 4

“So did you meet Lou Teasdale?” Valerie questions, grinning at me. “No,” I respond, getting annoyed.

“Paul Higgins?”

“No.”

“Baby Lux?”

“No.”

“So you basically met no one,” She states, frowning. “I met Eleanor,” I shrug, seeing her eyes light up with excitement. “What was she like?” Val asks. “Well, she was full of herself, talked with this high pitched annoying voice and kept insulting me for some random unknown reason,” I respond. “So she was a bitch-” I cut Valerie off as my big sister instincts come back on, “Don’t say that word, missy!” I scold. “But if you really want to know, yes, yes she is a bitch.”

“So do you think Niall is cute?” Valerie continues the torture. “I don’t know!” I defend, “I wasn’t really looking!” She rolls her eyes. “Come on, you’re a single nineteen year old who babysits her sister and works at Starbucks, please tell me you at least considered dating one of them!” She whines, pouting. “No! They’re my friends,” I say, gaping at her in horror. “Meh, whatever,” She gives up, turning on the TV. Why does she watch ‘celebrity news’? At her age, I watched disney channel!

“The mystery girl was revealed to be an ordinary girl named Jessica Hail. Jessica was called onto the stage by Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson yesterday at one of their concerts! The girl seems to be close to the boys, so why haven’t we seen her before?” The hostess blabs on. “Urgh, get me off the TV!” I complain, throwing a pillow at the screen. “You know you’re kind of famous now! How did you meet them again?” She asks, expecting some long dramatic story but instead all I give her is, “They kidnapped me.”

She raises her eyebrows, shrugging and focusing her attention back to the TV. I look back down at my laptop that’s resting on my lap. They call it a LAPtop but it seriously burns your lap... Meh. Meh is something my sister and I say, it’s just a word we’re used to adding to a conversation, sort of meaning ‘whatever’ or ‘who cares’. Valerie has brown hair and grey-ish eyes, like our mom. Whereas I have blonde hair like our dad. He died when I was eleven, Val was only seven.

~*~

“HE KIKED YOU!” Valerie screams, running into my room. I put another pillow on top of my head so I can’t hear but whoever started that theory was so wrong. Urgh. I snatch my phone out of her hand, looking at the screen. Damn my luck.

harrystyles1: u wanna join us at nandos?

me: k which nandos?

harrystyles1: i’ll text u details we’re already in car

me: k

harrystyles1: k

me: k

harrystyles1: k

me: k

harrystyles1: k bye

me: k

I log off, grabbing my jacket and flinging it on, walking out into the living room. “Where are you going?” Val questions. “Uh... I need to work an extra shift,” I cover up badly. “Ok, but I need money for pizza then,” She smirks, me rolling my eyes. “Fine,” I moan, giving in and handing her twenty bucks. She grins, putting the money on the table and turning on the TV. I roll my eyes, laughing a bit at her. Why can’t she be the one hanging out with these idiots, not me. We’d all be so much happier! Except maybe them - I’m awesome, she’s just plain annoying.

I grab my keys and shoulder bag, snatching my phone off the counter and making sure I’ve got my wallet. Slipping on a pair of light blue converse, I head out the door and down the road, enjoying the fresh air. My phone vibrates and I take it out to see a text from Harry telling me where to go. I open Maps and type in the address. Clicking directions and go, I groan. Damn it, I went the wrong way. I turn around walking back past my house and in the opposite direction to before.