~10~

Shivaay held his head in pain. He had used his body as a shield to protect Annika when they had been ejected from the building because of the explosion.

"Shivaay.."Annika whispered and he cried hugging her.

"Shh,it's okay Annika, it's okay.. Come let's go. " He said and despite his body was aching he carried her and walked, and walked until they found a man who drove them to hospital. He was shocked so he didn't reacted at all.. he only reacted when doctors wanted to take care of them.

"Let us take care of her.." They said and Shivaay looked at her then at them as if they were aliens.

"I.."He let them take Annika while another doctor was taking care of him.

His wounds were superficial but Annika's were more serious, she had water in her lungs and her arm was broken due to her fall from the box and then the explosion hurt her ears. Shivaay had sat in the waiting room for the doctor to show up. He finally came with a smile on his face.

"Mr Oberoi? Your wife is out of danger, you should go back home to freshen up then bring clothes for her as if she's okay, she'd wake up by tomorrow." The doctor said and Shivaay sighed. Now he could finally breathe. He went back home after he went to the police station to press charges against Daksh and was surprised to see Om and Rudra there.

"Om? Rudy?" He asked and cried in their arms.

"Shivaay what's wrong? Where is Annika?" Om asked.

"Daksh..He kidnapped us and he almost killed her.. he almost killed us.. I saved her in extremis. She could have died there.. she has water in her lungs and her arm is broken." He said and Om hugged him tightly along with Rudra.

"I have to go back to the hospital." Shivaay said.

"We're coming too. Let's go." Om said. Shivaay freshened up and picked clothes for Annika then he went back to the hospital with Om and Rudra.

They walked to her room and sat around her, Shivaay holding her hand tightly. He kissed it and caressed her face.

She was in breathing support because she had a pulmonary oedema due to the fluids in her lungs.

"Shivaay, she will be okay, stop underestimating her.. We're talking about Annika here." Om said. Shivaay chuckled. Who would have said that this innocent woman lying there was a real sherni?

"Shivaay we're going to the hotel with Rudra, we'll come back tomorrow okay?"Om said and Shivaay nodded.

"Don't worry I won't even move from there. I'll stay with her until she wakes up." Shivaay assured.

His brothers left and Shivaay sat there with Annika.

"I know that you're strong Annika. You're my soul Annika, you give me strength and you can't leave me now, can you?" He caressed her fingers and slept next to her. Annika woke up and saw that Shivaay was sleeping next to her, her hero was exhausted. She caressed his hair and holding his hand to her mouth she kissed it lightly.

The doctor who came to check on her remove the breathing support and she could breathe properly then he left.

"Wake up sleepyhead.." She said softly and Shivaay woke up from his deep slumber. He smiled as tears filled his eyes.

"I thought that I'd lose you Annika. Never do that to me, never again."He said and cried, kissing her palms.

"I'm going nowhere Shivaay. I'll forever stay with you, no matter what, I promise." She said and he hugged her tightly. She kissed his neck and cried against him. She too was scared to lose him. When Daksh had told them that only one of them would survive, she was scared to lose him forever because she knew that he'd do everything to save her,just like herself. After promising to each other a happily ever after, Annika held his chin and just kiss him, as if to seal this promise that they would die in the hand of God only because what God united, no human could tear it apart.

"Please Shivaay come in the bed with me." Annika said. Shivaay was first shocked by her request, giving the fact that they were in a hospital but he listened to her. He climbed into the bed and she made him rest his head against her chest.

"Now,close your eyes and sleep, just listen to my heartbeats." She said.She had noticed the black circles under his eyes and realized that he didn't sleep that much.

"Annika..I.."

"Shh..Just sleep, listen to your wife, after all we both found the ring, so now we have to listen to each other's pleas no matter what." Annika said and began lulling to him. Her voice was angelic and it certainly helped him to sleep. Annika just looked after him, caressing his hair, just as if he was her most precious treasure in the world.After a while she noticed a long-haired man behind her door and he entered her room along with Rudra.

"O!Rudra!" She whispered smiling at them. They walked in silently after seeing their brother sleeping against his wife's chest.

"He was exhausted.." She didn't even finished her sentence that Rudra was already by her side, sobbing silently.

"Bhabhi, I was so sad, I thought that we'd lost you." He cried. Om turned away to wipe his tears. He had learnt to be the strong man between the trio after these two years.

"I'm okay Rudy. Om, won't you come and hug your friend?" Annika asked and Om smiled before coming to her and he kissed her cheek.

"It seems like you two are back in a no-war zone..?" Om enquired and Annika nodded her head no.

"We're not in a no-war zone Om. We're in a love zone. I love him and I was a fool to not give it a try. I was a fool to not give our love a try."Annika said and Om smiled.

"You're not a fool Annika. You accepted your mistakes even though you're not really at fault for what Shivaay did to you. You're just guilty of not giving this wedding a try, you're just guilty for believing that love isn't good enough to change a person.." Om said and Annika smiled sadly.

"Anyways, enough of melodrama! When are you coming back? We're all missing you!" Rudra asked not knowing that he had woken Shivaay up.

"I want to spend some more time with my husband first.. we have a lot of time to spend together.. I.. want to be with him.." She admitted, still caressing her husband's hair.

"Rudy, O, I don't know what happened to me..I love him so much..that even this feeling seems unreal.. it seems like I'm constantly in cloud nine.. even thinking about him is giving me shivers... I don't know how I came to live without him by my side.." Annika said blushing.Om and Rudra smiled.

"I'm sorry for my bad behaviour Annika. Now I'm sure that Shivaay will be happy by your side and I approve your relationship." Om said and kissed Annika's forehead.

"We'll be going now and I'll tell bade mom and Dadi that Shivaay and you are okay so that they will be at peace. Take the time you need to appreciate your new found bound." Om said and dragged Rudra out of the room after saying goodbye to Annika.