Chapter 1

You sat in your room, gazing up at your ceiling fan. Your e/c orbs watching as the propellers spun around, casting a gentle breeze over your face. Having an iPod at hand while listening to your favorite song. Everything was calm the way you like it.

It was burning hot in Florida, which was where you've lived for a while now ever since your mom got that killer job offer.

While silently humming, to the familiar rhythm of the music, which was blocking out all sound, your mother has been shouting your name.

She had finally gotten tired of calling for you, as she stomped upstairs, swinging open your door and began to lecture you about paying attention and how 'having that music so loud in your ears will ruin your hearing.' "Sorry, mom. I was in a zone." you chirped. She didn't look very amused, "Well, I was trying to tell you, we have a few new neighbors moving in across the street. So I need you to get dressed and be downstairs by 3:00." she used her, serious buisness woman tone and went downstairs to do whatever the hell she was doing in the first place.

"New neighbors?" you asked yourself. You shifted your eyes over to your alarm. 2:30. You swung your feet over the side of your bed and stood up. Your h/l, h/c, hair messy and unbrushed. Rummaging through a bag, you found your hair brush and began to drag it through your locks.

Once you have untangled all the knots in your hair, you pushed it out of your facr. You opened your closet and pulled out a pair of denim shorts, and a black tee shirt. After dressing yourself you trudged down stairs to see your mother talking to a group of three. Two guys, and a girl.

The one you suspected was the oldest, had feathery dirty blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. He wore skinny jeans and a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up along with a pair of converse.

The girl, had dark brown hair, pulled to the side in a braid, with white denim shorts along with a pastel blue tank top. Her feet wearing white strappy sandals that went perfect with the outfit.

The last one that looked around your age- as far as you could tell, he had oak brown hair and a ceramic mask with a PokerFace on it.

His attire was much like a normal teens, jeans and a dark blue tee shirt with chuck taylors as his shoes.

You studied the group carefully from the stairway. Until your mother caught the girl smiling at you, causing her to turn around, "____," she gestured you come sit with them.

You sat down, thinking about what it would be like to be friends with this interesting trio.

(EDITED MAY 24, 2016)