chapter 5

*Hayes' P.o.v*

I was meeting Caitlyn today and honestly, I couldn't wait. I thanked the Lord for allowing my Saturday to be free. I wanted to see her. I thought about her all night long. She wasn't like all the other fans out there. I love all of them but she was different.

I got a text from her saying, "Be there in 10!"

I quickly took a shower and got dressed. The park was like 5 minutes away from my house but took around 10-15 minutes by walking so I needed to hurry. Luckily, my hair dried pretty fast so I didn't need to blow dry it which I hate doing. I put on black jeans and a maroon sweater on with a key chain hanging from my pocket. I just whipped my hair to the side and grabbed my phone and sprinted to the park. Yes, I wanted to see her that bad.

*Caitlyn's p.o.v*

I took a quick shower and went back in my room and sat in front of my drawer. What was I gonna wear? Natural or curly hair? Painted or naked nails? Converse or flats? What did he like?? I just decided to be myself and wear a white loose crop top with jean shorts. I let my natural hair down which was pretty straight but little waves here and there. I didn't put on make up which wasnt my thing and grabbed a pair of black converse. It wasn't my best outfit but it's like what I usually wear. I dried my hair off with a blow dryer. Ugh I hate blow drying. I only do it when I'm rushing. I shouted my mom bye and hesitated to bring my penny board. I seemed kind of tom-boyish.... I'm really not...I'm just...like in the middle. I like what girlies like but I also like sports and video games. I didn't know which one Hayes would like so I just grabbed my penny board and rode to the park which was about 2 minutes away.

Halfway there I texted Hayes I would be there in 3 minutes which I hopefully was.

I finally got there with Hayes not in sight. I checked my phone with the time at 11:57. He said to meet here at 12 so I didn't worry.......yet.

I went over to the swings which was always my favorite part of a park. I would always swing on them with my eyes closed and it would make me feel free. I started to swing on them making my clear mind filled with thoughts of Hayes. I don't know how much time had passed but I felt a push on my back and a voice yell, "UNDERDOG!"

I opened my eyes quickly to see Hayes go under me as I swung up. I laughed and got excited to see him.

"Glad to see you again!" I yelled from the swings. He was now on a spinning structure.

"Me too! Sorry I'm a little late! I had to run here!"

Aw... he did look tired. But he looked super cute. I could tell he was close to sagging cause he kept pulling his pants up. It was cute. He spun on the spinning structure and slipped off playfully and dramatically fell on the floor pretending to act dead with the back of his hands on his forehead. I laughed while jumping off the swings and dramatically pretending to slip and slowly fell to the floor with a dramatic "woooaaahh!" And pretended that I was dead.

He saw me, laughed, and ran over with an acting worried expression on his face saying, "Young lady! Are you alright?!" He said, picking my head up and laying me on his arms. I felt butterflies in my stomach as I opened my eyes to see Hayes about 7 inches from my face and my head laying against one arm and his other wrapping around my stomach.

"Oh...yes I'm alright. I think I may have passed out!" I say dramatically holding in a huge laugh.

"Oh that's terrible! Are you feeling ok?" He said in a British accent.

"Oh since when did you have an accent!" I said laughing ruining the dramaticness.

"It just went along hahaha," he said laughing