Chapter 10

I'm still smiling after we ate dinner in our common room

I'm still smiling after we ate dinner in our common room. The house elves always make our food appear at the same time they do for the others in the Great Hall. Sitting next to Axel, I can't stop sending him little glances and smiles and he does the same. Everyone is watching us and Raven is getting suspicious. I know it because his eyes are focused on Axel and he's frowning, analyzing his face. Suddenly, his eyebrows are going up near his hairline and he turns his attention to me. I blush automatically, looking at the dessert on the plate in front of me. He gets up and is pointing his index at me, then to Axel with a knowing look.

" He gave you your first kiss! "

" I don't know what you're talking about. Oh! Look how cute my cake is! They gave it a heart shape and there seems to be a house elf in the middle... "

" Where is it? " asks Axel, trying to divert the attention from us, too.

" There, look. The little candy green sprinkles. "

" You have an admirer, Cuddle Bug. " he says, smiling at me and then his smile falters. Busted.

" See? Cuddle Bug! I don't know what the fuck that means, but I never heard Axel call anyone anything but their names! You kissed her. On the mouth. Probably with tongue too. " Raven deduces correctly as I go crimson. He's not accusing anyone per say. He's just stating what he think is obvious. It doesn't help that I know that, though. I'm having way too much attention and I don't know what to do with my hands so I just... plunge my spoon in the cake and eat a huge bite. That's when I choke on it a little and Mister Blackbourne gets up, stands behind me and supports me with a hand on my chest - yes. On my chest! - and then he gives me five sharp blows on the back. I just.. swallow the whole thing and giving him the evil eye while his hand is still on my chest!

" Would you mind? It wasn't that bad, you know. You don't have to cop a feel while trying to save me either. " I seriously want to laugh. This whole situation is so ridiculous. Mister Blackbourne give one last little squeeze and let go of... well... that particular area of my anatomy. He then has the nerve to wink at me!

" I'm so very sorry, Miss Sorenson. I thought that your... lungs were in danger. "

" Owen! " I exclaim, outraged. That's when I know he knew I wasn't choking to death. 

" Truthfully, I was trying to grab you under your... attributes but in my panic, my hand miscalculated its trajectory. Ahem! "

I can't help it. I burst out laughing. He has the decency to finally blush. I know he didn't mean to at first and when it was... there, well, he obviously liked the feel of it and got carried away. I can't believe I'm getting so comfortable with them, but I guess it's the surprise that he would do something so unlike him like that. 

" You know, inside that seriousness, those suits, and weird ties... " I take a look at the one he's currently wearing - a  red one with the words: 'kiss me under the mistletoe' written on it, then a mistletoe and an arrow pointing down to his... crotch, I guess - and look back up to his gray eyes. Silas saw me looking at Owen's tie and is laughing, clutching his middle.