Chapter 11

Some of you weren't happy with me for such a short chapter, SO :) I added more :) Let me know if this is better :)

Chapter 11

I braced myself for the blow and the pain, but it never came.  His hand and body where thrown from mine as fast as he grabbed me. I saw Ty bend his arm in a unnatural way and the knife went flying through the air into the pond.  He threw Nathan across the yard, but not before landing a solid blow to his nose. I heard the crunch and then the blood came trickling out.  His eyes turned dark as he lunged at Ty, but all he did was dodge out of the way. Nathan stumbled forward and landed hard on the ground.   Ty  took the opportunity to kick him in the gut with his cowboy boots, knocking the wind out of him.  Then another kick to the groin.   Then he crouched down and swung a few punches to his face. I had never seen anything like it in my life.  I wasn't used to a man protecting me. 

When he was done, I barely recognized Nathan. His face was covered in blood and his nose was bent slightly to the side.  He bent down to his face and I could see the hate for him in his eyes.

"If you ever step foot in this town again, I will personally kick your ass again.  If you ever touch Charlotte again, you will be six feet under!" He hissed through his teeth.  He walked over to me and asked me if I was alright. The only this I could think of to do, was kiss him. So I did.  I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him. I think I kind of shock him at first, but after a second, he wrapped his arms around me and settle his lips against mine. I sighed deep and I closed my eyes enjoying the feel of him holding me. His lips where gentle and searching, he pressed his tongue against them and I opened them for him, allowing complete access. This felt good, it felt so right. 

He pulled away, a huge grin splayed across his face. 

" I have been wanting to do that for days, but I was too chicken" He laughed at that. 

"Thank you so much for helping me today. And for that kiss. I feel so safe with you. I can't explain it." I blushed at the confession. He tucked a stray hair behind my ear and looked over at my beat up husband.

"I would walk through fire for you. I have never felt this way about anyone. It's strange for me. I want to take it slow with you though. I want you to make sure that this is ok. That I'm ok. With all you have been through I don't want you to ever be afraid of me." I nodded in agreement.  He took my hand and we walked to the truck.  I slid in beside him and we made our way home.

**************************************************************

After Nathan's beat down in the park, the next week I received signed divorce papers. I danced with glee in the living room, right along side mama and daddy. I could finally put this behind me and move on, to starting a life with me and my little girl.  Ty had stopped by the night before and asked me out to supper. He wanted to take me on a date. Oh, boy did I have the jitters. I hadn't been on a date in years and I just wanted everything to go right.

Mama helped me pick out a pretty dress.  It was deep purple and lilac. It was long and flowed around my legs, my belly was noticeable, but I didn't care. My hair was French braided with lilacs intertwined. I had enjoyed the sun over the past few days, so I had a nice glow about me. I felt beautiful.  When Ty saw me, his eyes told me what I felt.  Beautiful.  I couldn't help but stare back, he looked handsome. Black dress slacks and a emerald green dress shirt that brought out the chocolate of his eyes. His hair was nicely combed and when I reached him I could smell a hint of his aftershave. He looked good enough to eat. I bit my lip and had to keep from throwing myself at him. This feeling was all too new to me. My hormones were screaming at me to jump him, but I would be a good girl and behave. 

He opened the car door for me, so gentlemanly and got in. We made conversation as he drove into town and once we got there, he parked in front of The Bauer's and escorted me inside. He had made reservations for an outside table. The weather was a tad warmer then usual so it would make for a nice evening.  We ordered and we talked just about everything.  He made me laugh and feel good. He called me beautiful and made me feel it too. We finished dessert and I stood up to leave when I felt a swift kick in my belly.  I let a "oof" and placed my hands over the spot she had kicked. Ty looked at me concern in his eyes.

"Are you ok? Is it the baby?" He asked.

"No, no, and yes. She kicked me! I guess she wanted to remind me that she was here too." I laughed. He reached out to touch my stomach and then quickly retracted. 

"No! Please! I want you too" I took his big hands in mine and place them on my belly. She took the opportunity to announce her presence. He jolted a little at the kick and I laughed. He then smiled like he was the proud Papa. 

"You ready?" I nodded and stood. It was such a nice night we walked around the town square. Holding my hand, we walked and he asked me about the baby. What my plans were, what kind of things I wanted. I told him I wasn't quite sure. Mama and I were still looking. Not sure which room would be the nursery. We stopped and sat down on a bench, he put his arm around me and I could feel him playing with my hair. We just sat in silence for a few minutes and then he sighed. I turned my back to his chest and laid against him, his arms came up to wrap around me. I sighed contently, not ever wanting this night to end.  Soon enough it was time to go home. 

He walked me up to the door and I turned to tell him good night, but before I had a chance, his lips were on mine. Slowly his traced my lips with his tongue. I fought to get a breath out. I closed my eyes and let him take me. His hands wrapped in my hair to frame my head as he pulled me deeper into him. I dropped my purse and wrapped my arms around him. His mouth felt so good on mine. His tongue made it's way inside mine and I lavished in the taste of him. The wine on his tongue from dinner and then just him. My body felt like it would die from the want I felt. 

He pulled away from me reluctantly, gazing in my eyes. I saw passion and fire. I felt consumed with it. I wanted to ask him inside. To my room. Into my bed.  My heart throbbed. The more I was around him, the more I was falling. I couldn't be falling! My divorce wasn't even final! There was just something about this man!

He kissed me lightly again before he pulled away, as if reading my thoughts he spoke.

"As much as I want to be in your bed, I want to wait. I want the perfect time and place for us. You are something special to me. I feel things that I have never felt."  He smiled at me and I blushed. 

"I want you. I won't deny it. I have never felt that before, so I am not sure what to make of it. But I do want it to be perfect. I wasn't expecting to be like this. I have myself and my baby to think of. So I know with what you said, you are thinking of us too and that makes you an amazing man."  

He kissed me again and we said our good byes. I closed the door behind me and sighed. 

Thank God for this wonderful man.