Crusade Part II

Pax studied the harsh surroundings of Geonosis. Activating his scanner, he realized that there wasn't much to find out here. Nothing but dust, dirt, and droids.

Entering the rocky interior of the catacombs, stale air filtered through his helmet.

"Alright almost here."
He said to himself.

His scanner picked up absolutely nothing. As the Clone continued into the catacombs, he stumbled across some familiar sights. An untouched CIS console, holstering a holomap of the catacombs.

"Hm, lets see what this holds."

Pax tried to activate the console but it was all trashed from the battle.

"Crap."

Pax scanned the old CIS base for anything that could power this thing. Scanning the area, he noticed that there was a small source of energy emitting from the south end of the base. Pax sighed and headed in the direction of the spark.

"Nothing too out of the ordinary.."

Pax held his DC-15A rifle up, activating headlights. He noticed the dead droids on the ground from a once long fought battle in the Clone Wars.

"Clankers"

After some time, Pax finally reached the end of the metal maze, leading to a corridor and a console. Pax pulled down his scanner.

"Yup, this is it alright."

Pax used his strength to remove the steel hunk blocking the doorway entry. Pax aimed his rifle up in the dark corner.

"Come out!"

Pax knew someone or something was watching him, and he was prepared.

"I'm not going to ask again, come out now, before you end up like these droids!"

Pax didn't hesitate as he pulled the trigger. The blue bolt slammed the wall, as a screech was heard, and a splatter of green blood hit the floor.
Pax approached the body and beyond closer study, saw that it was a Geonosian, the inhabitants of Geonosis. Several other noises scurried up the ceiling as Pax aimed his rifle. Waves of green sonic blasts flew at Pax, as he dashed to cover. Armed Geonosians.

"Dammit!"

The aliens fired their canons at his location, making it hard for him to do anything to defend himself. He then looked at his belt, and grabbed a flash bang, his last one. Pax unclipped it and rolled it on the slate towards the aliens. A bright flash occurred, notifying Pax to make his move. He sprawled out of cover, rolling left, then to a crouch, aiming his rifle.

"Die bugs!"

Pax fired bolts at the unprepared Geonosians. They of course revolted as soon as the flash effects wore off, firing their canons at him, launching him onto a solid sharp piece of slate, dangling from the generator. Pax's armor was pierced, as blood dripped from his back, but he didn't give up.

"Fight me, man to bug!"

His weapon was out of reach from his launch, and the bugs were ready to end the Clone, but he had other ideas. Pax rolled frontward into the trio, and swung for an advantage of sheer strength. His armor covered fists, broke the Geonosian's skin, as green blood oozed onto Pax's fists. He stood in a boxing stance, one of the many hand to hand combat forms they were taught back on Kamino. The other to Geonosians assaulted back with their razor sharp claws, swooping at Pax, nearly missing him. Pax lifted one by the wing, and slammed it into his knee, full force, crushing the bugs exoskeleton. Two of them were down.

"One more bug to exterminate."

Pax grabbed his nearby rifle, and slammed the butt of the gun into the stomach of the bug, stunning it, as he then aimed the barrels directly to the bugs face, squeezing the trigger, the bugs face shattered into ooze, as the brawl was over, Pax was victorious.

"Now then, back to what I was doing."

He noticed a switch that was off for safe storage during the Clone Wars, as he walked over to it, Pax ripped the handle down, bringing life to the station.

Pax returned to the CIS console and was in position. Now all that was left was for Grievous to come through, and play his role in this mission. The mission that would determine the truth, of the Clone Wars.