It's Pronounced Waitress Not Princess (Ch.9)

Chapter 9

"It's kinda plain to see, you got a crush on me, but I'm more than a flossy girl;

more like a string of pearls." I sang aloud, that afternoon in detention. Today it was only Hunter and me. Carter actually went to work. I know, unbelievable. I went in to shock when he told me.

The supervisor went to get more coffee and locked us in the class. Locked! Can you believe it; it's a freaking prison cell. On second thought, I think I'd rather go to prison. The guards might be more merciful and make me share a cell with a murderer instead of Hunter. Sound like a lunatic? Yeah I think so too, but at least a psycho murderer would probably kill me, put me out of my misery. Hunter isn't that nice. He'd probably talk and talk 'til my ears bleed and flirt and touch me until I have nothing else in my body left to puke. Yeah, I'd go with the psycho. Quick death.

"Now the party's over and every body's gone!" I continued louder. I wanted to see how long it would take to get Hunter to crack. I was still pissed about this morning. I swear, Nate is going to wish he had a time machine so he could go back before he was stupid and told Hunter where I live.

I think Hunter is crazy. I fear for my life. Everywhere I turn, he's there! Oh and get this, this morning when I was walking to homeroom, I saw that girl he was with at the mall a couple of weeks ago, coming out of the main office. He decided that he would 'escort' me to class, so when we passed her they both acted as if they didn't know each other. There's something going on, and I'm scared to find out what it is.

"The promises that you promised are about as real as an air guitar!"

"Okay Belle shut up!"

Finally! Sweet victory.

"You-!"

"Ah ah ah. Keep your trap shut."

"Rude!"

"Do you understand English? I said be quiet you're getting on my nerves."

That was the plan, genius.

It was quiet for about ten minutes until, "So, I'm thinking of going out for the football team." Gross. "Is that supposed to impress me?" I asked.

"Does it impress you? I bet it does, you just won't admit it." Yeah, you caught me. Idiot. "If you really want to impress me, try leaving me alone, move schools or something; that would be impressive. Football is definitely not the way to go."

"Why do you keep trying to hide the attraction you feel for me?" Okay so you're gorgeous, so what? You ride a motorcycle, you're a bad boy and you're completely my type. What's your point? You think I'm ever going to admit that? "Keep dreaming. I don't feel anything for you."

He stood up from his seat and started his way over to me. I started to get nervous, my face was getting hot and I couldn't look up at him once he was in front of me. I really hope he doesn't notice. He really doesn't need an ego boost. "I don't believe that at all."

"That's because you're too naive." I said, looking down at my cold hands. He pulled up a chair and sat in front of me, making himself comfortable.

He smirked, "You like me, admit it. I like you, a lot."

I stared at him, shocked. He just told me he likes me. "Well, I'm sorry, I don't feel the same way."

He wasn't smirking anymore. He looked annoyed and slightly angry. I think I may have bruised his ego a bit.

"Just admit it Belle, you like me. I can see it in your face and your actions. You like the attention." I narrowed my eyes at him, but kept quiet.

"You know we're going to end up together. Why fight it now?"