It's Pronounced Waitress Not Princess (Ch.12: part 1)

Hey everyone! Im so sorry its taken me soo long to update. I had originally planned for this chapter to be longer but i felt bad for making you all wait so long. I really hope you all like it! :)

Chapter 12

I woke up to the sound of my cell phone ring at three o'clock this morning.

"Hello?" I answered groggily.

"Belle, hey it's Nic. I'm sorry for waking you but this is important."

I sat up and turned the lamp next to my bed on, "Uh... okay."

"Mom called and she told me everything-"

"Then you know she isn't my mother." I said it a little more bitterly than I intended it to sound and I felt horrible for it. I knew Nichole had nothing to do with the lies.

"Don't be stupid, she was your mother for seventeen years why should that change now?"

I didn't respond, I knew it was a rhetorical question. She continued, "Anyway, mom told me something else. She told me that your birth mother is taking you home tonight."

"But I just talked to Hunter and asked him if I had to go back with him, he made it sound as if I would have a lot more time before then." Why would he lie? What if I'm not ready to go with them yet? I knew I couldn't trust him.

"This is why I'm calling. I don't know if we'll see each other once you're gone. I'm not ready to say bye yet." Oh, crap, her voice is cracking, I can't take anymore crying.

"Nic it's fine I won't be gone forever. Why don't you come visit before they take me?"

"I'm glad you brought that up, we're on our way up."

I raised an eyebrow, obviously, she couldn't see, "What do you mean 'we're'"

"Daniel and me." Who the fuck is Daniel?

Silence.

She sighed, "Member, Daniel? My boyfriend, I told you about him last the time I saw you."

"Oh, Oh! Yeah of course I remember Daniel." I lied through my teeth.

"You're going to love him Bellie."

I yawned, "I'm sure I will. Anyway, you think I could go to sleep now?"

"Oh, yeah sorry. Night Belle see ya soon."

"Night." Then I was out like a light.

--

"Happy birthday, Belle!" I shot up in my bed and let out a shriek; lovely way to wake up, with a heart attack. Everyone was standing in my bedroom. Jenna, Mark, Nate, Nichole, standing next to her was a guy I assumed was Daniel, standing close by them was Addy, Amelia and of course Hunter.

"You're eighteen!" Yelled Nichole, as she ran to give me a hug. I hesitantly put my arms around her; still getting over the shock

"Yeah..." I replied. I looked at everyone. They all had smiles on their faces, though Jenna and Mark looked a little nervous.

"Thanks you guys." I smiled.

"There's breakfast downstairs for you sweetie." Jenna said with a small smile.

I nodded and thanked her. Mark and Amelia ushered everyone out of the room. Hunter was the only one who stayed.

"Happy eighteenth Belle."

"Thanks Hunter."

"I uh... got you something. I brought it back from home."

"You really didn't need to get me anything."

"I wanted to. This is the first birthday I get to spend with you." He sat on my bed next to me and handed me a small silver box.

I opened it and carefully pulled out a beautiful necklace. I was gold and it had a small flower that I had never seen before. My name was engraved on each of the tiny gold pedals.

I hesitantly wrapped my arms around him to give him a hug, which he returned quickly. "It's beautiful, thank you." I whispered.

The door opened suddenly and we jumped apart. Nichole stood in the doorway, arms crossed on her chest and a smug smile on her face, "Oops, am I interrupting something?"

Hunter cleared his throat and stood up, "Of course not. I'm gonna go get some breakfast." Then he hurried out the door.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"You guys were taking an awfully long time." She teased.

"He was giving me a gift."

"And it was private?"

"What if it was?" I countered.

She squealed, "You two are in love!"

I scoffed, "You'd think being away at college for half the year, you would be getting smarter."

"Whatever, buzz kill. Let's go eat."