Chapter Seven

Scarlet's POV

I looked straight at my hands when Harry sat next to me in nothing but tracksuit pants.

It was around midnight, and I had ice around my ankle, and a blanket around my body.

"Are you uncomfortable?" He whispered, "I can put a shirt on if-"

"Please put a shirt on," I cut him off without thinking. I shook my head, "I'm sorry... You don't have to."

He knelt beside me, and traced his hand down my cheek, me flinching at his touch. I bit my lip and he pulled his hand away.

"Do you want something to drink?" He asked me, changing the subject.

"Um... No... I'm okay. Thanks." I said.

He smiled, "I'll get you one anyway."

I rolled my eyes, "Harry..."

"All you have to do is say thank you." He chuckled as he moved away.

He took off to where I'm guessing was the kitchen. I heard some muffling, and he soon came out with two cups full of tea.

He handed one to me.

"Thanks." I tried to smile but couldn't.  I took one sip, and realised I was really thirsty. So it didn't take me long to drink it.

"It's fine." He said bluntly and took a sip of his own.

"Listen... I'm sorry for what happened tonight." He apologised.

I paused.

"It's fine." I lied.

There was a dead silence. The only thing that was noisy was the Sydney traffic.

"It's not though." He tried to break the silence.

I sighed. He was truly great. Trying to save me. Trying to help me. It made me feel... Like I'm needed.

"Harry..." I started.

"Yeah?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Why me?" I asked him, voice full of curiosity.

"What do you mean?" He questioned me.

"Why was it me? That you just want me and not any other girl? What's that special about me?" I asked.

He frowned.

"There's many things to like about you, Scarlet, you just need to see it too."

"I just don't understand." I said, my eyes slowly shutting.

"Harry...." I mumbled.

"Mmm?" I heard his reply.

"You're a good guy." I said. He chuckled.

"That's good to know." I could hear the smile in his voice.

"I just wish I could fall for you." I sighed.

"It's okay." He said bluntly and pulled me into a gentle hug, my flinching at his touch once again, "Don't worry about it." He mumbled in my ear. I reopened my eyes.

My lip that was between my teeth caught his eye and he pulled out from hugging me.

"You make me try hard, you know." He said.

"I know...." I whispered, and a tear rolled down my cheeks, "And I'm sorry."

"It's fine."

I sighed.

"Harry, look at me"  I demanded, but he continued his gaze out the window.

"Harry." I said louder. But he didn't stir.

"Fucking hell." I said to myself. His attention immediately turned to me.

"What?" He snapped. I was slightly taken aback.

"Don't worry..." I whispered and turned away.

When I turned back around, Harry's face was just inches from mine. I jumped and my heart migrated to my throat.

He made a slight change by moving his hand up to the back of my head, pushing it slightly until our foreheads were pressed together.

His warm, minty breath tickled my cheeks, turning them red. He looked at my bottom lip I was biting, and I watched his that turned into a slight smirk. Our noses were now touching.

I moved the tiniest part closer, my heart beating furiously against my chest. I knew I didn't want to do this. I didn't want to and I knew I would regret it. But I couldn't stop. Harry was clouding my mind.

"I can't." I heard Harry say.

"What?" I asked.

"I can't. I'm not making you do that," He said, "It's just wrong."

I just nodded in agreement. But the pang of disappointment was to large to ignore, and I hated it.

"I'm sorry. I, uh..." I started but shook my head, "I'm going to go to sleep. I'm so tired."

"Yeah. Goodnight." Harry said, and stormed off - leaving me confused and taken aback.

But that doesn't last long, before I fell asleep.