Chapter :21 Life is a game

Third Person POV :

The football game between the 'Kings' and 'Warriors ' have started. Everyone was cheering loudly.

"Come on, Aron" shouted Nora.

After 2 hours........

"The Warriors" won the match. The whole "Brick Stone High"  couldn't wait to celebrate.

But Nora looked forward to know the reason why Aron seemed tensed.

Nora's POV :

Aron and I were sitting in a café. I waited patiently for him to open his mouth.

After 20 mins I thought that I should break the ice but before I could his phone rang.

"Hello"  Aron answered.

Suddenly his face turned pale. Tears welled up in his eyes. He started breathing heavily.

"I am coming"  He said in a frantic manner.

"Aron, what happened?"  I asked. I was confused as fuck.

"We have to go to the hospital. I will tell you once we reach there." He said.  At this point he was sobbing. I felt helpless. I couldn't even ask him. He drove to the hospital like a maniac.

"Can you tell where I can find Elizabeth Allora?"  Aron asked.

"She is at the emergency section right now sir. Go straight and then left." The receptionist said with a sympathetic smile.

We ran to the emergency section. There I saw a woman in her late sixties sobbing. Aron and I went near the glass screen which shows the inside of the emergency room.

I saw a pregnant woman. Her face had a lot of cuts. Doctors were treating her.

Aron sat down on a bench and I sat near him. Suddenly he started talking.

"That's Elizabeth. My ex-girlfriend" Aron said.

Then it clicked me. She was the girl who ran away from Aron after a misunderstanding happened between them.

Aron continued, "After the misunderstanding, she came to know that she was pregnant with my baby. After her parents came to know about it they were furious. They gave her two options :"Abort the baby or Leave the house".  She chose to leave.
She decided to keep the baby. When she was coming to tell me about the pregnancy she saw me naked sleeping with a stranger. I was frustrated, so I went out the last night to a bar, got drunk and then had a one night stand. Trying to recover from the break up. But Elizabeth couldn't take it. So she left. Came to her grandmother in Virginia. That woman sitting over there is her grandmother. Thank God! At least she supported her. When the misunderstanding got clear, I tried to find her and after a lot of months later a friend of mine told me that he saw Elizabeth here, in Virginia.  So I came here and saw that she was pregnant. First I was furious but then I realized that it was all my fault. I was the one who didn't understand her. She forgave me for what I did. I was tensed these days because there were some complications during her pregnancy and I didn't know how to tell all my family members about Elizabeth. How will I take care of them. Now, this accident. If something happens to them, I will die. "

He started sobbing really hard. It showed how a man can go weak when it comes to the woman he loves.

The doctor came and Aron rushed towards him.

"Congratulations Sir, you have a lovely and healthy daughter." Doctor said. Aron sighed in relief and asked about Elizabeth.

"Sorry, but we cannot save Elizabeth. Her early pregnancy complications caused an internal bleeding which cannot be stopped and the terrible car accident she suffered made the situation worse. She has little time left. You can go meet her. I m sorry."  The doctor sighed and then left.

Aron intertwined our fingers and pulled me towards the room.

I saw a little angle sleeping in a small baby bed. Aron picked her and craddled her in his arm. He looked at her with pure awe and adoration.

"Hey, Princess" Aron whispered.

I guess every daughter is a princess to their father.

Aron sat beside Elizabeth and held her hand. Elizabeth smiled at him. I guess she knew that she doesn't have much time.

"Elizabeth" Aron chocked on his words.

"She is beautiful."Elizabeth whispered.

Aron nodded." Just like you. " Aron said and smiled.

"I think you are gonna be a very possessive father. No boys around my daughter. I wish I could live to see the day you chasing all the boys away from her." Elizabeth said. A tear slide down her cheek.

"Don't leave us." Aron whispered. He was controlling himself from sobbing.

"I have to. I will always be in your heart. Take care of her and you. I love you, Aron." Elizabeth said.

"I love you too, baby." Aron lightly kissed her.

Finally Elizabeth looked at me. She indicated me to come towards her. I went upto her and she hold my hand.

"You are Nora, right?" Elizabeth asked. I nodded.

"Thank you for being here with Aron." Elizabeth smiled. I smiled back.

"Take care of him." She whispered. I nodded.

Suddenly, her hold on my hand became loose and her hand fell on the bed. There was a flat line on the heart monitor screen. Elizabeth passed away. I craddled Aron's daughter on my arms. Aron hugged Elizabeth's lifeless body and sobbed. Seeing him, completely broken, I couldn't control my tears.

Life played a dirty game with him.

Life is a game. No one can predict the end result.