💚💛Announcement❤️💙

The next few days were fairly uneventful. Until Professor Mcgonigall stood up at the podium at dinner time.

"Students, in 3 days it will be the anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts. In order to celebrate that we are holding a ball. Students will receive dance lessons from the head of house and you are free to pick who you take." She said. Murmurs rose around to room and so the hall was alive with the sound of people talking.

Draco and Harry were sitting next to each other during the announcement and Draco leaned over to Harry and said, "Good luck getting Scorp to dance." Harry laughed.

2 days after and Draco was standing in the great hall with just the Slytherins, all 7 years. He ended up using his wand to amplify his voice around the room.

"I need a volunteer." Something caught his eye, it was Lily, she was pointing at Bella. "Miss Malfoy, would you care to join me?" Bella shot daggers at Lily before walking up to stand my her dad.

"Do I have to?"

"Yes, you've danced with me before."

"When I stood on your feet, when I was 5!" He gave her a look and she shut up.

"One of the most popular dances is the waltz. The man places his hand on his partners waist and the lady puts hers on his shoulder. Bella." She scowled but did it anyway.

To be fair this was probably all the dancing she was gonna do. No one had asked her. Lily was going with Hugo and Albus with Rose. Starla was going with a Ravenclaw boy.

She thought she was going to end up going alone until James walked up to her in the great hall at breakfast that Friday. "Hey, Bella, Lily. Um-I was- I was- uh wondering if-"

"Just get on with it bro." Lily said, impatiently.

"Cranky, anyway. I was wondering if you, Bella, wanted to go to the dance with me?" He said. Bella smiled and nodded.

"I would love to."

"Okay, I'll come by the Slytherin dorms just before it starts." He stood there awkwardly before Lily cleared her throats and he walked off. Receiving a clap from the Gryffindor table.

The two girls started laughing but stopped when Draco came running in, obviously in a hurry. He had blood on his face. He ran up to Harry, whispered something before they both repeated it to Mcgonigall.

Both boys ran out the door again and Mcgonigall looked troubled. Bella and Lily exchanged glances and silently slipped out, following their dads.

They found them just around the corner talking.

"I saw him."

"Lucius?"

"Yes, he was in the Forbidden Forest. Some of the centaurs are very angry. They came to the school gates and demanded they talk to the head."

"What are we gonna do? What happened to your face?"

"I went into the woods to find him and when I did we fought. He's really gone dark. As for what we're going to do. I don't know."

"We have to secure the school. Let's hope he doesn't crash the party tomorrow."