Cornish Pixies

The Monday after the ball Bella was with the Gryffindors for DADA with Harry. When she walked in she saw Lily, Starla and Lucy standing by the door.

Soon Harry walked past and into the big classroom. Bella noticed that all the tables were gone apart from one right in the middle. On the table was a cage, filled with little Cornish Pixies. Oh crap. Bella remembered what her dad told her about those.

"Yes, those are Cornish Pixies, yes they are annoying. And yes you have to stop them." Harry said when we were all in. He opened the cage and apparated out.

The pixies flew around the room and surprisingly went straight for Starla. I laughed and stupifyed them before they got anywhere near her. There was still more and some people were cowering in corners.

She guessed it was the ambition of Slytherins and the bravery of some Gryffindors that eventually got them all sorted out and back in their cage.

Starla came up to Bella, "How did you know that would work?" She asked. Bella shrugged.

"I had an ambition, and I intended to meet it." She smiled. Starla hugged her.

"Thank you."

"Are you done? Congratulations." Bella turned around and saw Harry standing at the front with the cage. "Can anyone tell me about Cornish Pixies?"

A Gryffindor raised his hand. "A Pixie is a small, bright blue mischief-maker, and loves tricks and practical jokes. It is able to fly, and enjoys lifting people up by their ears and depositing them on the tops of trees and buildings, showing incredible strength for creatures of their size." He said, looking quite proud of himself.

Bella rolled her eyes and put her hand up.

"Yes Miss Malfoy?" Harry said.

"Could we possibly get our tables back?" She asked. He smiled at her.

"Of course." He summoned all the tables back and they sat down. Bella heard Sophia fake coughing while trying, yet failing, to cover up the "teacher's pet" she had said.

"What do you say?" Bella whipped round to look at her. Her hair flying round as she did.

"I said teachers pet. Potter here loves you more than you real dad. You know the one that yelled at you." She said. Bella stood up.

"Shut up." She said through gritted teeth. Harry stood up and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Calm down."

"Don't tell me what to do." She snapped. Damn, her temper was getting the better of her again.

"Office now." She frowned up at him and followed his outstretched arm, pointing towards the office up the stairs. She slowly walked up the stairs, hearing Sophia snickering. "You too Miss Parkinson." She protested but soon came up after Bella. "And don't kill each other before I get up there."

They sat in silence before Bella spoke. "What did I ever do to you?" She asked. Sophia just glared.

"You were friends with the Potter girl."

"So?"

"My mum told me to be friends with you and be your total best friend, but I couldn't find you on the train. Then she found you."

Bella frowned, she looked up at Sophia who was silently crying. "You just wanted to be my friend? And then when you didn't get the one your mother wanted, you nearly killed her?" Sophia nodded slightly.

"She was forcing me to be your friend and your friend only. Until Potterette came along." Bella smiled.

"You can be my friend and Lily's. If I have learned anything for my father it's to not be afraid to stand up to your parents."