Away

Today was the day I could be free, from my past, from my guard.

I was going to live in Los Angeles. My King City. But most importantly My New Start.

Pain.

It's strikes everyone. The worst pain you could get is when you lose your only hope. Your close one. My father.

My mother was always over protective. I know she probably just wants me to be safe. But keeping me out of my opinions was only making it worse.

I love my Mom, but my father was someone special.

He left this world to show me that, I AM an Independent woman.

For that I'll make him proud, I'll make the sunshine it's brightest.

Independent or not. I still have a life to fulfill.

UCLA. Is how I will be getting my freedom.

Mashallah.

"Deepika! Your going to be late! Come down stairs At this one instance!

My mom rose up the stairs opening my room door with no hesitation.

"Oh Allah, can anyone help this Girl. She will never be a Woman!"

"S-sorry, I don't understand what I did the bus is coming in 30 more minutes."

My voice shaking from the fear. Imagining what will happen next.

I felt then a burning sensation on my left cheek. It made my face red.

A slap.

That's how every day started. I did something illusional in my mothers eyes and she would then take her anger out on me.

Sometimes, I don't know what I ever did to her.

Maybe it's because of my dad, she probably misses his presence.

"What Are You Wearing, You Look Homeless! Do You Not Have Any Sense Of Style? You Look Like A Gangster!!"

Her eyes in rage, speaking the truth or the lie?

Am I really not that creative to even make my mother smile?

It was my LA style. It was different, because we lived in an uptown white neighborhood.

"I just thought it looked nice so I decided to wear it.."

I thought my life was about to end. Not because of a slap. Because of what could happen next.

Her voice.

Always echoes in my head.

Like a broken tune.

"CHANGE BEFORE YOU HAVE FURTHER CONSEQUENCES!"

She slammed the room door very harshly making me jump. Almost every time she talks to me I stutter, she was never like this before.

The problem was never that we were poor, but we weren't rich either.

We were the classic family. Just mine has one piece left.

Moving on is the medicine to heal it, but my mother can't quite understand that concept. She holds all her problems and takes them out in anger.

I put on a tight red dress showing my curves. I left my hair as in two French braids. I grabbed the heels my mom got for my birthday, they were silver with specks of diamonds on the front. Lastly, I put on my tiny golden loop earrings.

This is how my mom wanted me to be dressed.

This is how I never wanted to dress.

It isn't me.

I step out of my room, grabbing my gray Versace luggage. That my dad got me...

My dad gave it as a remembrance of his presence. Before he left from Iraq...

"I Wish Dad Could Be Here..." As worry struck my heart...

viciously.

My mind told me that "He is here.. in our hearts, looking from the heavens, with Allah."

"Here is your lunch! I don't know how you will be able to be stable in LA."

She laughed at me like I was a joke.

I gave her a nervous sly smile.

"You Will Be a Running Back To Me Like A Fool!"

She never got enough. She never cared if it bothered me.

"Mom why are you acting so 'cunningly'?"

I blurted out of annoyance.

"What did you just say to me? IM YOUR MOTHER LEARN HOW TO RESPECT ME YOU COW!"

Her voice again echoed hauntingly. This time I flinched so hard. How could she be acting like this when I'm leaving the house? I'm her daughter

But

She treats me like trash...

Trash - Discarded Matter

I guess I am "Trash"

She pushes me out of the door. Right at that moment the bus came.

I walk towards the bus with my heels clicking on the cold ground.

"Ticket for Los Angeles?" The driver spoke in a drowsy state.

"Uh...yeah that's about right.."

"Alright there is only one seat left, so without any complaints. Please. Take. It." He said in an annoyed way.

"Alright.."

I went down the isle of the bus, connected my eyes to the seat that was open...

End of Chapter 1 - My Love- What Will Happen Next? - Find Out Until The Next Update.