Deepika's Truth

Deepika's P.O.V:

Right when I was about to explain my past to Zayn, the most abstract thing happened.

-Ring Ring Ring-

Mother.

I stood in complete shock.

I can't talk to her....I just can't.

"Who is it?" Zayn spoke curiously.

I looked at him, not knowing what to do or what to say.

"I-I my mother is calling..." I said as I got up from the table and ran outside.

Zayn knew something was wrong, he always knows if I'm sad, mad, happy, etc.

But, he was my last concern at the moment.

I decided to answer the call.

"Hey, mom." I nervously spoke.

"Where are you?!" My mother spoke as she huffed on the other side of the line.

"I-I'm out for lunch." I truthfully indicated.

"Yep, you always have to waste money, obviously you haven't been disciplined enough by me." She spoke in a furious but calm way, kinda like a tease.

"Look, mom, I haven't even been out that much. Also, I'm an adult I think you should let me d-" I boldly spoke but then I was immediately cut by her.

"I KNEW YOU WOULD TALK LIKE THAT! IF SOMEONE LETS YOU GO SOMEWHERE FOR A FEW WEEKS YOU SUDDENLY THINK YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO. WAKE UP YOU COW, YOU ARE IN THE REAL WORLD NOW!" She hysterically yelled.

I paused for a second, there was nothing to say to her, the way she acted towards me is so unnecessary, yeah I know she's my mother, but she acts like my worst enemy.

Believe it or not, but right now she is my worst enemy.

"Sorry." Is all I could say, at this point, I was trying so hard to hold back my tears.

"Of course, I totally believe you are sorry when you repeat your mistakes Every day." She sarcastically uttered.

"Do you need anything? Why did you call me?" I asked trying to change the topic.

She silently laughed.

"I was checking up on you, and I was seeing if you were being responsible or not if you weren't then I was going to take you out of UCLA, because we all know only responsible people should be going to UCLA." She strictly spoke.

"O-Oh really, well I hope I'm responsible enough," I said nervously laughing.

"Deepika, Deepika, you are so stupid. Not only are you irresponsible, but your common sense is lacking so much, obviously I'll be taking you out. I'm giving you a week at that place, then you are going to be back where you belong." She spoke as if this wouldn't affect me in any way.

"NO, NO, MOM PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!" I shockingly yelled.

"You should have been a better daughter, now go away I have more important stuff to do then talk to you." She spoke as she hung up.

I stood with the phone in my hands. I was in complete shock. I've always questioned, what did I ever do that made my own mother go against me in everything.

I then let my tears flow from my face.

"Deepika..." I turned around and wiped my tears and applying a fake smile.

"Uh, yeah... Hey, what's up?"

"I heard what happened." He spoke as he grabbed my waist with a glum look.

I then decided to hug him back.

We just stood there holding each other.

"I won't get you out of my sight, I won't let your mother do this, I'll give everything to keep you, I can't lose you." He slowly said as he tightened his grasp on me.

"I don't want to leave, but my mother wouldn't care if I even got a million dollars from staying here." I truthfully declared.

"Well this time, she'll have to budge," Zayn stated.

I then gently stepped out of our hug.

"I don't think we can do anything, really. I'm not trying to sound negative, but it's the truth nothing will change her mind, she's hated me ever since....my father passed away....ever since then she's abused me emotionally and physically...." I blurted as I stared at the concrete floor.

"Was that your secret..?" He asked with sympathy in his eyes.

"Uh..yeah." I spoke.

"You know what's impressive?" He asked.

"What?" I curiously asked.

"It's impressive at how strong you are, you've been through so much for so long, you are a fucking living inspiration." He spoke smirking.

"I don't have the worst problems in the world, mashallah that I even had parents in my life." I examined

"You're so humble, you make me look bad." Zayn said snickering nervously.

"Whatttt, how would I make you look bad? You have achieved so much shit then me, I mean I do live with Mr. Einstein himself." I said smirking as I looked in his eyes.

"That's the smartest thing you've said."
He joked.

But before I could contribute with that statement, he pulled my waist and kissed me right in the parking lot.

I was trying to get out of the kiss because it was too embarrassing, but I found myself ease into the kiss.

We were kissing probably for a whole minute, so I stopped the kiss before everything went out of hand.

"Uh we should stop." I laughed.

"I can't. You're too hot." He smirked.

"Oh shut up." I said as I took the keys and ran to his car.

I quickly unlocked the car and sat in and locked all the doors before zayn reached the car.

"You're such a trouble maker." He said as he tried opening the driver door.

"That's the smartest thing you've said." I joked.

"If you don't unlock the door by 5 secs then I'll fuck you in my car." He proclaimed smirking.

In disgust I just opened the door.

"You better watch what you do." I said as I flipped my hair.

"Oooo you bein sassy?" He said as he crazily stuck out his tongue.

"You're no fun." I said as I crossed my arms and looked out of the window.

"Aw come on, are you sad that we didn't fuck?" He said as he burst out laughing.

"I SWEAR IM ABOUT TO WALK TO OUR DORM!" I yelled as I frustratingly punched the car seat.

"Woah, sorry chill girl." He spoke smiling.

"Yeah, whatever."

We then drove off as I sat there quietly cursing him out in my head.
End Of Chapter 17 - My Love - What Will Happen Next? - Find Out Until The Next Update.