LFC Loan Reviews

I'm sure you didn't expect this to be the first true update, yeah? 

But what our youths/senior loan players have done to improve over the season can and will affect what we do in the transfer market. So let's get to it!

Danny Ward: Huddersfield-Season long loan

23 and Welsh, Ward's chances of being Liverpool's number 1 seem to go down as each season progresses with him away from Anfield. In the Championship, Ward played 43 out of the 46 matches and conceded 52 goals, with 11 of those matches having a clean sheet. In the EFL, he played one match and conceded two goals while in the Championship Playoffs, played one match and conceded one goal. I honestly think this past season was one of his best, mostly because Hudders got so close to getting to the Premier League thanks to him playing practically all of their games. If he gets loaned out to one of the three newly promoted teams, or stay with Huddersfield (this could possibly overlap) I think it'd be better for his progress and his chances to pip either Mignolet or Karius of their spot in the team.

Ryan Fulton: Chesterfield-Season long loan

21 and English, Fulton has a chance to one day be our number 1 keeper or be really good when we sell him. I'm not sure at this point. In League 1, he had 26 appearances. In those twenty-six appearances, he conceded 41 goals but had 5 clean sheets. I kind of dread to see the matchday numbers for that if those many goals went in against them. In the FA Cup, he played two matches and conceded six and in the EFL Cup played one match and conceded three. These really aren't good numbers, but remember that he's only 21 and probably hasn't played as much to get him to expectations where you expect lower numbers, like Karius who is around 2 years older and, even though he played fewer matches, had better numbers even when you try to play around with it. He definitely needs more loan time, though I'm not sure he has the ceiling that even Ward does. Time will tell.

Ádám Bogdán: Wigan Athletic-Season long loan

I genuinely thought we sold this guy already. Well . . . I'll be damned. Anyways, he played seventeen matches in the Championship and conceded 19 goals while also having 6 clean sheets. His season, though, ended early when he got a cruciate ligament rupture. To be honest, while having numbers like Ward or Fulton, he's 29 and came to us on a free transfer. Because he was the THIRD CHOICE FOR BOLTON! I see him having no chance at Liverpool, but he's going to stay this season because he should come back around August 19, and I think that there's a small chance he'll be on the selling block, perfectly fit at that time for us to get rid of this one.

Ryan Kent: Barnsley-Season long loan

20 years old and English, I wonder why he's playing so low. Or maybe he's the Coutinho-type (late bloomer). Anyways, he participated in 44 matches. Unlike keepers, it's not guaranteed that he participated in the full 90, so we'll get to that later. He scored three goals and recorded three assists while recording nothing in the FA Cup with two appearances there and one sole appearance in the EFL Cup. From what I gather, he's not really putting in numbers that'd you think he should be getting. But remember, Woodburn scored one goal and we're pretty pleased with his season (but that's probably because the Welshman is going to turn 18 this October). The numbers he is putting in, though, even with the standard given to youths, aren't that great and I'd like to see him get some loan time once more.

Allan Rodrigues de Souza: Hertha Berlin-Season long loan

20 and Brazillian, I must tell you he will do nothing for our attack. He's more of a Can/Henderson kind of player, not joining but feeding the attacking band. So prepare for just about nothing, I guess. He played in 15 matches for Hertha in the Bundesliga and one in the DFB-Pokal. In neither competitions did he score a goal or get an assist. I'm worried mostly on his affect on the team. If you're big on LFC Twitter (not the actual Twitter for LFC but tweets and accounts about LFC), you would have seen that in a bunch of matches he did participate in, they didn't have that great of an outcome for Hertha. He did turn that around, but I just found that kind of an impact worrying. Either way, he needs to go on loan to get his work permit, even if he was tearing things up.