What's The News Saying Now?: Transfer Rumours

This day's not as great as the first two because there's a lot of rumours falling apart (or just one or two at best). Let's get to it though. 

In And Out In An Instant With Clichy:

I've noticed that Liverpool only rejects rumours that are full of crap. This seems to be one of those, because earlier today, or at least last night, we were linked to City's Clichy, going to give the guy a two-year contract even though City's defence was on par with our's last season. And I'm pretty sure he was one of the reasons for that. So yeah, thankful Liverpool stopped this before it could get any louder.

Mendy Chooses City:

So . . . we come in late, match City's bid and . . . nothing? At least we got farther than United! But it's so unfair that there's a good chance he's going there when he has so much of a better chance here! And more of a chance to be a part of a good thing and gel with people closer to his age, for goodness sake! Just give me the French left back! This really could be the end though, so cut the losses now before you see him in blue than more red.

Monaco Think Origi Is A Good Replacement for Mbappé:

Only if they give us Mendy! And then we pretend like we forgot to give up Origi as we give him a huge contract. But I see no possibility of this happening. Klopp loves Origi and what he can do for Liverpool, which is bringing in a lot more goals than you really think he does bring in. He just keeps working hard when you think he'll stop. He's like our personal Harry Kane! So no thanks, really . . . no thanks. I'd rather have him than money. 

Salah Coul Possibly Move In Finally:

 Haha, so he finally figured out how bad Chelsea's youth system is? Dominic certainly found out before this guy. But yeah, this started on social media and I hope it ends there too. His agent probably did this as a way to get his player either more wages, play time or a move away from the current club. It's kinda weird, but agents do that because it's kinda their job. Doubt it though unless something bigger than Instagram or Twitter comes up.

Liverpool Are Once Again Frontrunner for van Dijk:

Omg, did we bring up the buy five get the sixth free card? Because if we don't, £50m is a hefty price to forget when we could've gone the Matip route of pure and utterly free. I'm not sure what we did to stop the Champions from getting him other than reminding Southampton that Chelsea has some good centre backs. Or . . . better than Liverpool/Arsenal centre-backs. Still, I like that we're close to getting that marquee signing that has been on some lips for a while now. 

Liverpool To Battle Tottenham Once Again:

Can this not turn into Dele Alli part 2 (Possibly part 3 depending on Sessegnon)? We're in the race for a 25-year-old Columbian defender from PSV. I'm not huge on PSV but he really does want to go . . . anywhere really. Which is weird since he's winning stuff there. Guess he thinks that winning stuff in the PL is better. Either way, there's murmuring that he's not even better than Clyne, which I wouldn't be surprised about. Let's just see how it goes, but cmon, even if it's fake, let's win it.

Okay . . . think that's just about it. We do have word on Clyne, who recently got an injury which will stop him from international duty. It's a back injury, which worries me a bit since back injuries have a tendency to linger for a while as shown with Firmino (who got his in the start of the 15/16 season and still felt it in the spring) and Ojo (who got his around the start of the 16/17 season and could hardly play until late in the season). I hope it's not as bad as these two, but it'd be foolish to think that it'd be easy. 

Sakho's fairing well in his recovery from that knee injury. He got it a month ago and he's already back training, even posted a video of it so you can see it later if you want. He's already hinting at a new club, so just brace yourselves. 

Finally, Solanke is doing in the U20's England side in the U20's World Cup. He first scored a penalty against Argentina (which are kinda slower than I expected. Not Sturridge slow but powerful but slow and kinda weak.) He then played the full ninety against South Korea, helping out with both of the two goals. So far, I'm happy with how he's participating, which is a bit better than I expected. Now I just want him to meet up with the team around the friendlies to see how he jells with the rest of the guys because he's already good with Ojo and Ejaria.

Good night/evening, Reds!