LFC Updates: Guys & Garments

I know this is an old pic, but I thoroughly enjoy the big smile on his face. Looking back to that time he came to Liverpool in the first place, only makes the upcoming season so much more exciting. 

First up is our captain, skipper, whatever you want to call him, it's Jordan Henderson. Coming off of a season with yet another long stretch out thanks to injuries, I think it's safe to say that he really did allow himself to show how he is as a captain in that short time. With him as captain, we had some of our best games, or at least in some cases, more watchable matches. He knows how to amp up the guys to really show some drive and I always enjoy a captain in midfield, a position I believe to be one of the more important in this side. Going into this season, I expect him to be the same if not better, as he's promised to be the difference recently. In a season where we finally have CL, I wouldn't expect any less.

Second in command is James Milner. Two seasons in a row, we may have seen him in the captain's armband a bit more than we may want. Still, he put in a very respectable shift as left back when we only figured out this would happen late in last year's preseason. This coming season, he may see his left back spot be taken by Andrew Robertson, 23-year-old from Hull City and possibly be reduced to a Lucas/bench rider position. Even then, I feel that he'll allow his presence to be felt in a season where we will have many matches to play. Hopefully. Don't screw this up, boys. 

The third in command is now in a limbo. It used to be Lucas. With the half chapter I have almost done, it's obvious how that's turning out. I see that Lallana and Clyne have been given it in the past two matches and I'm not sure if that truly means something like I think it does. Wouldn't be surprised if it actually does go to the likes of Lallana, Lovren and Clyne should Milner and Henderson not be available for whatever thing may happen. Now let's get to the kits, and beautiful kits they are.

 Now let's get to the kits, and beautiful kits they are

Different from last year, there are practically no good pictures of the guys with one on one pictures, New Balance apparently wanting them in a collective for the release of every kit

Different from last year, there are practically no good pictures of the guys with one on one pictures, New Balance apparently wanting them in a collective for the release of every kit. So I'll try to get all the guys in the pictures over the three kits. This has to be our best home kit in years. It looks good on everyone. It literally exudes confidence and that deep, powerful red that was probably the reason that we went all red all those years ago. Why haven't we had a kit this beautiful before?! Anyways, this is collarless, with the pseudo collar having white with a black outline on each side like the ends of the sleeve. The change in the crest proves just to be changing the colour to yellow and adding 1892-2017 on the sides of it. Obviously our best kit this year and our best in a while, with last years away kit having to be on that list.