Chapter 17

We all started racing towards the maze, the boys on the path next to us.

"Where do we go first?" I asked. There was at least five entrances to the maze. "Oh! I almost forgot!" Mato said. "You have to all be together when you come to the end or else you get disqualified!" Then he disappeared again.

Well so much for splitting up. I thought. We all decided to go through the middle one and whadaya know? It worked!

We continued running around the maze until a Twilight Ogre member popped out.

Looks like me and Luke thought of the same thing because we both attacked him at the same time. "FIRE DRAGON'S ROAR!" both of our attacks hit him at the same time and he was electrocuted.

He sat there unmoving and we wondered what happened. "I also forgot to tell you that if you get shocked, you get paralyzed until the preliminaries are over!"

I'm pretty sure we all had the same thought. Shit.

We all charged forward attacking other guilds and making our way through the maze.

We heard a shriek of agony and ran farther away.

We kept running but someone tackled Nova from behind. "Nova!" I yelled. The electricity ran through her body but she was unfazed.

She kicked the guy off of her and said, "I'm immune to lightning."

She attacked the guy with her Satan Soul and he got shocked and remained unmoving.

"Let's go!" She yelled. We continued running through the maze and eventually got to the end.

There stood Mato next to the door. "Congratulations! You're the second guild to make it!"

We went through the door and saw Sabertooth. "Hi!" Angel waved at us. I waved back at her.

I plopped onto a nearby chair. "I'm exhausted!"

Sabertooth started walking away. "We have to go now, you should too. We're not really allowed to see the rivaling guilds before the games." Weiss said.

They left and we teleported back to our hotel room. We all plopped onto our beds and the boys went back to their room. "Goodnight minna-san" Emily said.

——

"WELCOME TO THE FIRST DAY OF THE GRAND MAGIC GAMES!" the announcer shouted.

"THE SIX GUILDS COMPETING THIS YEAR ARE:

QUATRO PUPPY

MERMAID HEEL

LAMIA SCALE

BLUE PEGASUS

FAIRY TAIL

SABERTOOTH"

The crowd went crazy at the guilds.

"Every guild will go to their respective balconies and we will explain the first game."

|In the Fairy Tail balcony|

"Now, the first game is a riddle game. But with a twist! It revolves around various people and things around Fiore. It will be 1v1. For each riddle you get correct, you get one point. If you get one wrong however, you lose five points off your scoreboard!"

"Now! First is Nova Dreyer from Fairy Tail vs. Melody Vastia from Lamia Scale!"

Nova walked out into the arena and so did a Melody, Lyon and Meredy's daughter.

The two girls stood face to face and shook hands. Two buttons appeared in front of them. Probably too buzz in the answer.

"Riddle number 1: It is a beautiful sight to behold. On a  specific day, their colors turn bold. One member of Fairy Tail actually dug it up once. What is it?" The announcer guy asked.

Nova pushed her button and answered. "It is the rainbow cherry blossom tree in Magnolia."

*ding* *ding* *ding*

"Correct!"

"Riddle #2: He is in known as a traitor to Ishgar. In the Alvarez war, he was killed by Acnologia. Who is he?"

Melody pushed her buzzer. "God Serena."

*ding* *ding* *ding*

"Correct!"

The round went on and on until the 30 minutes were up. They both tied with 100 points which means that both Fairy Tail and Lamia Scale gets five points on the board.

I high-fived Nova as she entered the balcony. "Good work." I did a thumbs up. "Thanks." She replied.

"NEXT UP IS WEISS EUCLIFFE FROM SABERTOOTH VS BETH FROM MERMAID HEEL!"

We watched the match as Weiss won the match putting Sabertooth in the lead with ten points.

The rest of the guilds participated until the final round. "AND FOR THE FINAL MATCH. NASHI YOSHIDA FROM FAIRY TAIL VS. MITCH (just go with it.) FROM QUATRO PUPPY!"

I entered the arena and see a brown haired guy. The same two buttons appeared in front of us.

"Riddle #1: She's known as the Crimson Despair and she used to be in the Spriggan 12, who is she?"

I pushed the button. C'mon, think! It's Jeremy's grandmother. "Eileen Belserion." I said.

*ding* *ding* *ding*

"Correct!"

"Riddle #2: He is the leader of the Zodiac and a member of Fairy Tail, who is he?"

Mitch was sweating bullets and he looked nervous. I smirked and pushed the button. "Leo the lion."

*ding* *ding* *ding*

"Correct!"

I looked back at the guild and most of them looked confused except for Luke, Emily, Aunt Levy, Jeremy, and Aunt Mavis and uncle Zeref.

We continued until I won with 90 points bringing Fairy Tail in the lead.

I walked back into the balcony where Emily and Luke nearly squeezed me to death. "Guys…… can't.... breathe…" I managed to wheeze out. "Oh! Sorry!" They both said then let me go. (If ya love me, let me GOOOOOO! XD)

"I'm so proud Nashi! And on your first match ever too!" Sylvia exclaimed. "Thanks!" I smiled. "I'm confused though, it was only 1v1, isn't it supposed to be in teams?" I asked.

"The partners are for the battles." Jeremy replied. My mouth formed an 'o' shape.

"THIS CONCLUDES THE FIRST DAY OF THE GMG'S WITH FAIRY TAIL IN THE LEAD!"

We all went back to our inn and went to sleep, prepared for the second day.

|??? POV|

"Master! We've located the girl!"

I smirked. "Do we advance her now?"

"No, let's let them have their fun……………… for now."

I looked at the lacrima to see the blonde mage still unconscious. I chuckled evilly,

"We're one step closer to destroying this wretched country." I said, still observing the girl.

"Let's see how long till your untimely death…
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Lucy and Nashi Heartfilia."