∆5∆- After School

∆5∆

After School

“Wait what?” Di asked in surprise as she put the rice and beans in her mouth and I rolled my eyes. We were in the cafeteria and Ryan was absent today which was weird because he never is. He said he had a fever.

“I said that Nick and I are meeting in the library after school for the English project so you should just check up on Ryan.” I said as I stuffed chips in my mouth. Today's food looked undercooked as well and I wasn't feeling that hungry either.

“Okay, can't interrupt a date. The girls are all over Nick but I think he really likes you.” She said, grinning while the food was still in her mouth and I sighed.

“Right and no evidence of that whatsoever. Anyway keep me updated on Ryan and I don't know why you're so hungry these days. We could've gone to the library and I really can't do my homework with all this noise.” I huffed.

“Stop being such a nerd and I just remembered, where's Nick?” She asked as she opened the carton of milk.

“I don't know, probably in the library like yesterday. It's weird though, he wasn't in gym today.” I didn't see Nick at all in the whole class. How could he be absent on his second day?

“Then he's probably not here. Is everyone seriously just getting sick right now? Its crazy.” She shook her head and I went back to concentrating on my homework when my phone rang. I hurriedly took it out of my pocket and Diana watched as I looked down at the caller ID, it was Nick.

“Wow, its Nick.” I said to Diana who raised her brows. I answered the call.

“Hey, what's up?” I asked Nick who coughed before he started talking.

“Hey there. I didn't come to school today because of...issues. Can you...uh...come over to my house for the project today. I have some more details that'll be useful for the second part.” He said and he was breathing heavily. I frowned.

“Okay but Nick are you alright?” I asked in concern and he sighed.

“Yes, I'm fine. Just come to my house today after school. My dad is always in his office so we can work peacefully.” He said and I was still hesitant but figured why not.

“Um okay then. See you four.”

“Alright. Sorry for the trouble. See you.” He said quickly and hung up. I frowned at my phone screen before putting my phone away. Diana was smiling.

“That sounded like a date, Madds. I love all this exciting stuff.” She looked gleeful and I shook my head.

“Not a date. Nick changed plans. Says he wants me to meet him in his house for the English project instead.” I said and Diana clapped as I frowned at her.

“Stop clapping, you look like a retarded seal.”

“You're the retard here. Oh my god, he wants you to go to his house. So many possibilities. This is crazy.” She smiled brightly and I coughed.

“God, look who's talking I said as I finished my bag of chips and got up to throw it out and as I did, I almost died in surprise. It was Noss entering the cafeteria out of all people and he immediately caught my eye, giving me a look that said we need to talk.

∆~∆~∆~∆~∆

“Noss? What are you–” I started as soon as I hurriedly walked over to talk to him but he quickly pulled me into a corner at the far side of the cafeteria.

“Miss Maddie, you may be in some grave danger that you are most likely not aware of and–”

“Wait, wait. How did you even get in here?!” I whisper-yelled to him and he sighed.