∆11∆- Familiar

"Well certainly you have more than one." Noss said as he made his way toward me and I looked up at him and sighed.

"I do but the other one still involves moving away so I don't really know what-"

"Listen Miss Maddie, if you move away I will be completely clueless and unprepared. I require a loyal presence by my side and that presence is you. I can convince your father, just let me-"

"No no no even you know that's a bad idea Noss. I know you don't like this. I don't like this either and I am going to miss you very much." I said as I slowly traced my hand over his and he sighed.

"You don't have to miss me if you stay. You know you can stay." He said hopefully and I raised my brows.

"How?" I asked.

"I was hoping you were going to ask. You can stay at Diana's home. I know that there was a mild disagreement which can be resolved in a matter of minutes but she will be at least a little saddened to hear you are leaving, she's not a good friend if she doesn't but I have seen she is. You have until tomorrow Miss Maddie, please think it through." He said desperately.

He might have been right. I mean, I knew me and Diana just had a rough night but nothing that a talk couldn't fix and she'll welcome me into her home probably. It couldn't hurt to try.

"You really shouldn't be eavesdropping Noss, tsk tsk." I said and smiled and he rolled his eyes. Seriously.

"Blame my ears."

"I thought you could block out unnecessary sounds?"

"Well my ears know right because this is very necessary to both me and you. You've made my first visit to Earth the least terrifying. I know I'm a commander and all but even I have doubts and fears just like any other Zionian. I need you to be there every step of the way." He said as he took a hold of my hand and looked at me. I couldn't help but smile.

"Okay, fine. No speech needed, I'll definitely think it over and call Diana in a bit." I said and he gave me a smile.

"Your intelligence is being put to good use right now. I'll see you in a bit Miss Maddie. I still have to track down the person who could potentially destroy our relationship with the Earth." He said and I nodded.

"Good luck. Let me know if there's any leads."

"You'll be the first to know." He said and then jumped right out the window and I ran over and looked down to see him walking completely normally and I shook my head.

"Oh crap." I said and remembered about that unusual thing I had felt behind the walls of his spaceship that I had forgot to tell him all about.

Not wanting to risk breaking a few bones by jumping out my window, I headed downstairs and told dad I was going for a walk in the woods and headed straight out. I was just about to call out Noss' name when someone grabbed me from behind and put their gloved hand over my mouth.

"I don't think so Maddie." A male voice said and I felt something hard hit my head before everything turned black.

∆~∆~∆~∆~∆

"Dad are you sure about this?"

"She's the piece of the missing puzzle."

I heard distant voices as my head throbbed and I slowly opened my eyes. I was greeted with a familiar environment and looked around. Every thing seemed very fuzzy but as my vision slowly came into focus, I realized where I was.

"Ah, you're awake." A voice suddenly said from behind me and I turned around as fast as I could, only to find out I was tied to the chair and had duct tape over my mouth. I tried to scream but it was all muffled. The person chuckled as he walked around the chair, standing in front of me.

"I thought you were smarter than that." He said and gave me a disapproving look and I gave him a murderous one.

"You probably don't want to be here and I completely understand, Maddie. I didn't like doing what I did back there but it had to be done. I need you Maddie." He said and his face moved closer to mine and I got a good look of his face. He had black hair that was grating in the side but was styled nicely and he looked like he was in his mid-forties. I shuddered, what the hell did this asshole need from me?

"I think we should start getting to know each other. You might be familiar with my son." The man said as he stepped to the side a little bit and my eyes widened.

"Nimff?" It sounded like but I was shocked to see none other than Nick.

∆~∆~∆~∆~∆

Dun, dun, dunnnn. I know I updated after forever but I just love this book and will continue to write and update at random times. I'm a senior in high school now so my schedule is hectic but if you're still reading this book, ilyyyy and I have good plans which will just take a while to execute bc of my busy ass life but it'll go places I hope. See ya <3