∆12∆ - Nick to the Rescue

"By the look in your eyes, I can definitely tell you guys are well acquainted." The guy, who I now knew was Nick's dad, had a satisfied grin on his face.

"This is good. This is very good." He said as he sat down on the sofa across from me as I looked at him angrily. I then looked at Nick who was looking at the floor.

"Dad, I don't think—" Nick started but his dad gave him a look and he shut up.

"You don't have to think. She'll do it for us. Listen Maddie, I just need some information out of you and we can move on with our lives so don't make this anymore difficult than it has to be." He said as he slowly reached over and took off the duct tape over my mouth, he quickly covered my mouth with his hand right after.

"If you scream or try to ask for help, I can make sure you never see your house or your dad ever again." He said to me, dead serious and I was just a little afraid. Just a little. I nodded and he removed his hand from my face and I spat at the floor.

"What the hell do you want?" I asked him and he smiled.

"I'm so glad you're cooperating. Would you like a glass of water?" He said and I glared at him.

"Just tell me what the hell you want!" I shouted and he raised his eyebrows.

"Alright, calm down. I had no idea you were so eager about this. I need information on your neighbor, you know, the alien that lives in your backyard."

∆~∆~∆~∆~∆

I froze and stared up at Nick. I don't remember ever meeting or telling his dad anything about this but I knew Nick. Did he find out somehow? I was so careful.

"Oh, don't look at my son like that. He was simply a formality. The real stuff starts with me. Sorry I didn't introduce myself properly. I'm Phillip. Phillip Michaels. I'm familiar with you already." The bastard smiled.

"Let me go, I don't know anything about whatever you want to know." I said as I tried to subtly figure out how to slide my hands out of the rope.

"I'll do the former but I don't believe the latter. You really want me to believe you don't know about the guy that just jumped out of your bedroom window on the second floor, completely unharmed by the way." He said as he leaned forward and looked me in the eye.

"He was stalking me and I pushed him out the window." I blurted out and he chuckled.

"You guys were talking for a while in there."

"I was wrong. You're the stalker."

"That's kind of my job, actually, Miss Maddie. I work for the CIA. Maybe you've heard of it." He said as he poured himself a drink.

"Oh yeah, I've heard of it. You guys are the ones making the government sketchy."

"Precisely. Listen, I can't tell you any in-depth things about what I do but the aliens thing, let's just say there's some truth to it. Our radars picked up something here and I had to come here to investigate. Since I couldn't dig up much, my son here was great help." He said and patted Nick on the shoulder who paled and looked at me then down again. He didn't have much to do with this so I didn't blame him. His dad was the screwed up one.

"If you're so interested in my neighbor, why don't you just take him?" I said even though I wished that would never, ever happen.

"Oh I would. I definitely would, except for the fact that his race knows they've been discovered and they're going to leave soon. Getting him out of here would be no problem but having an entire planet after us will be. That's where you come in." He said and smiled, it made me want to vomit.

"I told you, I'm not giving you anything." I said and looked away.

"I really don't want to resort to violence, Maddie. I'm sure your father and your mother in Canada are good people, I'm sure you don't want that status changed to dead people." He threatened and I looked up. Nick was looking at his father in disbelief. He couldn't do that...could he? The CIA could do anything so there was little room for doubt. I remained quiet.

"Good. Getting some information about him without his or his planet finding out is a win-win situation. Tell me, when did he first arrive?" He asked and I hesitated before replying.

"Three days ago." I said quietly.

"What was his purpose for coming here?" He asked and I decided I would only answer to questions that didn't give much away or just lie.

"He wanted to see the advancement of the people in America." I said, generally that was true.

"Dad, I'm gonna get some water." Nick said quietly and his father nodded. I wondered if he was going to escape from his deranged dad who turned back to me with that annoying smile on his face.

"I'm sure there's more to it than that, Maddie." He pryed and I shook my head.

"He doesn't want me to know stuff either, I'm an Earthling, he's trying to keep information out of me too, if you can't put two and two together." I said with a snort, I can't just give Noss away like that. Mr. Michaels pondered that for a bit.

"He had interest in you Maddie. I saw you two heading to that huge crater after your friend Diana 'passed out'. " He said, smug and I frowned.

"You did that?" I asked and he smiled again. That son of a...

"Anyway, it doesn't matter, I—" he was cut off as a huge pan hit him on the head, done by none other than Nick as he looked at his dad passed out on the couch. I looked at him, my eyes wide.

"Let's get you out of here." He said to me and I nodded, dazed.

∆~∆~∆~∆~∆

YOU GO NICK

Hey hey! Took me a while but I finally had time to work on this and it feels so good to write again about my favorite characters. Don't worry, nothing's gonna happen to Noss... Or maybe something will ;) thank you to whoever's still reading , it is thoroughly appreciated. See ya whenever I feel like writing again!