xxvii.

Mingyu pulls Minghao closer to him, stroking his hair lightly as he reads a sentence from the book in front of him. Minghao had his face pressed to Mingyu's chest, letting out a few sniffs here and then because his father's harsh words wouldn't leave his mind. Nonetheless, Mingyu continued to read due to the younger's request.

When he heard Minghao sob, that's when he threw the book across the room and flipped Minghao onto his back.

"Does your dad's opinion matter that much, Hao?" Mingyu asked with a slight hint of frustration in his tone. He kisses Minghao's tears away and wraps his arms around his waist. "I know I have no right to say anything because I never had a dad but you shouldn't be so attached to your parents' opinion." He isn't looking up at Minghao, and instead he's staring at the lights on his wall.

Minghao runs a hand through Mingyu's hair and uses the other to wipe his tears away. "I've just never disappointed him before"

He hears Mingyu growl before the weight that was on him is gone. He sits up to find Mingyu ripping off his own shirt. "What are you doing?"

"Getting ready to sleep because this is making me stressed."

"I'm sorry, baby..."

Mingyu inhales deeply and puts one knee back onto his bed. He gives his boyfriend a quick peck on the lips before throwing himself onto the other side of the bed. "Don't apologize for something you can't control. Now sleep, please."

Minghao cracks a small smile and Mingyu cracks a slightly bigger one.

---
p short yeah sorry