xvi.

Mingyu: Hey...

Mingyu: You okay?

Mingyu: You haven't been to school these last few days. You aren't even answering my calls or texts... I'm really worried, Hao.

Mingyu: If it's my fault, please tell me.

Mingyu: What do I mean by if? It is my fault. I'm really sorry, Minghao. You should come back to school. You're missing out on a lot.

Mingyu: And I miss seeing you...

Mingyu: And reading to you...

Mingyu: I have to go, now. Text me back, please. I don't care what it is as long as it shows me you're alive.

Minghao sat quietly in his bed, legs tucked in as he stared at his phone that went off and turned on every few minutes. He knew it was from Mingyu. It wouldn't make sense if it was Junhui because he was sleeping right besides him. After minutes of staring, he finally reached to grab his phone. There were over thirty messages from Mingyu. Most were from earlier that day and the days before today. He hadn't picked up his phone since upon Junhui's arrival.

The more he stared at the screen, the more he started to realize that Mingyu was too dear to let go of. He was the first friend he made after moving, and maybe Minghao should've been happy for him. But he couldn't because he was so confused. And even though his self conscious told him not to, his thumbs started to move on their own.

Hao 💫🌸: I'm alive.

Hao 💫🌸: Kind of okay, could be better.

Hao 💫🌸: If I had to be honest, it really is your fault. But maybe you like Wonwoo more than me, you've known him longer, anyways.

Hao 💫🌸: I'm just so confused as to why you kissed me and said you loved me. Mostly if you'll just turn your back to that and say yes to someone else. Did you trick me? Was it a joke? I really hope not...

Hao 💫🌸: I don't know why, though. I think there's a part of me that probably likes you, too. But you probably don't feel that way. I hope you and Wonwoo work out. If you still want to read to me, you can come by later. Maybe you can also meet Junhui while you're here...