Chapter 3

Since Jenna was drunk, I decided to let her stay at my house. I just called her mom and let her know that I would bring her home the next day because she fell asleep over at my house the night before. I couldn't let her mom know what she did. That was up to Jenna to tell her. 

"Thanks for taking care of me." Jenna said, still feeling sick from all she had drank the night before. 

"That's what friends are for." I said, feeling a bit worried for her.

"Will you drive me to go get the morning after pill, Paige?" She asked, worried since no protection was used.

 "Of course, and I'll go in with you to find the best one and...we should probably get you a test too, to try closer to when your period should be coming. I mean, I'm not saying you're pregnant but there's a chance. I just want to make sure you're alright." I said. 

She pulled me in for a hug. 

"How could I have been that stupid? I know I shouldn't have went with Lucas as my date." She said before a sigh. 

"You're not stupid." I said sympathetically. "We all make mistakes, Jen, you're just not going to a party with Luke again. Okay?" Paige assured her friend.

"I promise on everything." Jenna replied, wishing she would have thought things through better beforehand.

Later on

"Thanks for all this... It was really sweet of you." I smiled looking around at the little picnic Austin had packed for us that evening. 

"Anything for my girl. So, um how'd this morning go?" He asked glancing over at me. I finished chewing the strawberry I had just plopped into my mouth and shrugged.

"Jenna doesn't want me to talk about it." I said. 

"It's just me though, hun." Austin said, putting his hand on my thigh. I smiled.

 "She would respect me enough to not do the same. You will find out later." I promised Austin before turning my head to kiss his cheek.

I sat on his lap and we looked up at the sunset together in silence. 

"I packed you a peanut butter jelly sandwich." He whispered to me.

 "I'll eat it then." I whispered back. 

"Have me for desert." He said quietly as I dug in the lunch box for my sandwich.

"Awe, how cute Austie." I said before giving him a kiss on the cheek. 

The sandwich was cut in a heart shape. 

"Now I shall drink my Monster." He said, satisfied as well. 

"Can I have some of you for desert?" He asked, bouncing me on his lap.

I laughed and about choked on my bite of sandwich. 

"What are you a vampire?" I teased. 

"I could bite you in places." He said with a smirk.

 I smiled and shook my head before taking a sip of my sweet tea. 

"Guess I'm making your mouth water." He whispered, breathing down the back of my neck.

I just giggled. 

Luckily we were the only people at the park and no one was around to hear him. He could be so forward in public sometimes. I'm not saying I don't like it, I'm just saying that sometimes he gets to me. In a good way though.

"No, the food's just really good." I laughed after I finished chewing my bite of food.

 "I'm gonna miss this." He whispered into my ear. 

"Miss what exactly?" I asked as I admired all the pretty colors in the sky. 

"Spending time with you, watching the sunset together, having picnics." He replied as he rested his head on my shoulder.

"I know, I will too but you should he happy about Med school. You got accepted into a really good school. We can still talk, face-time, see each other over the holidays..." I reasoned.

 Of course I was sad, but I didn't want him to feel like he shouldn't go because I'd be back here.

"I know, it's just we see each other all the time. And when I leave for school I'm going to be so lonely. And I don't know what I'm going to do. I leave in a week, and I feel like I don't have enough time in the world to spend with you." He sighed as he spun me around on his lap so I could face him.

"You'll have all the time in the world when you get back here." I promised him. 

He kissed the back of my head and I closed my eyes.

 "I don't miss high school but I miss the certainty of it that you were mine and that nothing would change. I'll be going so far away and it feels like I'm abandoning you or something." Austin admitted.

"You'll always have me. No matter what in the end, I'll be yours. Remember, hun? We won't give this up...I promise." I said before we packed up and left the park.