Chapter Thirteen

Copyright by nstinsley

enjoy <3

Chapter Thirteen

“Oh no you didn’t.” I screamed from inside my shower. The water was nice, hot and very relaxing after the few weeks I have had and I was really enjoying it, up until a certain bone head dumped freezing cold water on me. Not even thirty minutes after I arrived I was being pranked by the one and only Chad.

Poking his head in my shower and wiggling those blonde eye brows at me he grins, “Welcome home sis.” then throws something at me.

I scream bloody murder when I realize a frog is in my hands. He threw a frog at me! Who in the hell throws a frog at somebody, a freakin frog? Dropping it like it had koddies, probably did actually, I jumped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around me in record time, “You better run little mutt.” I roared and ran out of the room after him. “Have a nice trip?” I yelled out after him as I heard him tumbling down the stairs and between my loud laughing I said, “See ya next fall.”

I took the stairs two at a time and landed right on Chad’s back, I went to kick him in the head but a set of sweet innocent soft giggles stopped me. I turned up and looked into the living room. There sat Max with his son and Katherina with her daughter, my eye brows furrowed a little and my face went sweet, “Oh my,” I say as I look at Aidan and Libi, the twins I delivered and the twins I left when they were only weeks old. Now months and so, so, so much bigger.

Max smiled and stood up with a one year old looking boy in his arms, Katherina took her place by his side, “Aidan, Libi this is your auntie K,” the twins look up to me and giggle again. Hearing that sound and seeing those sets of eyes I knew I was already instantly wrapped around their fingers.

“Again.” Aidan says in the cutest little boy voice.

I smile, “Chad.” I called out kindly to him.

In comes Chad rubbing his back side “huh?”

Before anyone answered him I swiped out my leg and knocked him to the ground, the room filled with laughter. The twin’s giggles were contagious as Max, Katherina and I laughed along with them. Shortly later Tristan finds his way into the room with the red head he left with in the woods; I ignored them when Aidan said “again.”

Chad went to stand up but I swiped out my leg again and he fell hitting his face on the floor. And again the room filled with laughter. We were all enjoying ourselves for a while until Ryder came in the room. He wasn’t rude or obvious about it especially with the twins being there but the look in his eyes when he walked through the door and saw me in a towel with Chad, Paul, Max and Tristan in the room only steps away from me made it known to me he was furious. I excused myself and went up the stairs; I didn’t need to look behind me to know Ryder was right on my tail.

“What are you thinking?” Ryder hissed once he shuts the door behind him.

I roll my eyes and turn to glare at him, “Firstly Ryder, you are not and cannot tell me what I can and can’t do or wear. Secondly it’s family.”

His nose flares, “Tristan is not family.” He says through clenched teeth.

“Ryder, say one more thing and I’ll leave. He is my family. You accepted him when you held your hand out for me to take not even three hours ago.”

Ryder slumped his shoulders and walked up to me taking my hands in his, “I do accept him. I do, can you just be in clothes when you’re around him, please?”

I looked into his green eyes for a moment, “I wasn’t planning on going down there in my towel you know.”

“I know. I didn’t like it though.”

Giving him my most innocent smile I nodded, “I promise I will be dressed.”

He smiled at me and leaned his head down and pressed his lips against mine. When his tongue came out of his mouth and slid across my bottom lip I gently put my hands on his chest and pushed him back. “Not right now.”

Nodding he kissed my cheek, “Get dressed. I want to take you somewhere.”

“I will be there in a minute.”

I stood where I was until I heard him take the last step down the stairs. Tip toeing over to the door I listened for a second to make sure no one was in the hall way, and there wasn’t, so I very quietly opened the door and peeked out my head, again the coast was clear. I slid out of the room and up against the wall I was in full black ops mode and I loved it. I only wished Tristan was right here with me. Our black ops mission was one of my favorite memories. I made it to katherina’s room without be detected and into her closest with one thing on my mind. Grabbing the two items I needed I got dressed, before walking out of the room I checked myself over in the mirror and scrunched my hair to make it wavy real quick then slipped out of there as if I was never in there.

With a sway to my hips, my shoulders back and my head held high I made my way to the stairs. I heard Max talking to Paul, Chad, Ryder and even Tristan and I heard Katherina, Kelly, Jolene and red head talking about the twins. I took one stair at a time and when I was at the last one the talking stopped and the room went silent. I looked over at katherina since she was the first one to giggle and shake her head with a smile for me. Kellly and Jolene seemed to know what was going on and simply looked over at their mates but red head; red head was shooting me daggers. I swear steam was coming out of her ears. Silent huffs brought my attention over to the guys Max was much like his mate, knowing what I was up to, his shoulders were slightly moving up and down and he was holding in his laughs as well as Paul and Chad. Tristan, my special little made’s eyes were about to pop out of his head.

I had a full on grin now, Now wonder why red head was glaring at me.

With a wink at Tristan I turned my attention over to Ryder, my pissed off mate. I swayed my way up to him, hooked a finger on the neck of his shirt and leaned my lips up against his ears, “Next time I won’t have anything on if you tell me to have clothes on again.” And with that I backed up and smiled up at him then walked past him and out of the house. I was proud of myself, I knew a showing up in a sports bra and spandex shorts would get my point across.

Before I shut the door I heard Ryder growl low, “She’s mine.”

Or so I thought.

I knew the only person he would be saying anything like that to would be my made so my reaction was simple. I took off one of the two things I wore my sports bra and threw it in the house. I was aiming for Ryder’s head but seeing it land on Tristan’s head was so much better.  

Ryder snatched my sports bra off Tristan’s head and turned to me, his face was red and his wolf was about to come out, “Come show me mate.” I said suggestively at him and before I took off towards the woods I looked behind Ryder at my made and I smiled at him seeing him with a real smile on his face and as Ryder stormed up to me I gave one last wink to Tristan then ran towards the woods with Ryder right behind me.