Chapter Three

*Copyright by nstinsley*

ok so here is chapter three i havent edited it so sorry for the mistakes plus all the way up until the 3rd ill be busy and wont be able to write so hopefull by the 5th i will have chapter four for you guys

much love

ENJOY <3

Chapter Three

Ryder’s POV

People dream about having a mate, finding that one person that completes you. People dream about werewolves being real about vampires being real and about the love they have with their soul mate. The bond they wish to share, the love they wish to share is magical, unconditional.

Well, what the hell happened with mine?

I get I was wrong for believing Charity but was it worth all this? She was overreacting over her made, for her made. Ugh, that word felt like acid burning my tongue. I hated him and I hurt because of her. She gave him a part of our bond, something that was so sacred, so special and rare in this world. Granted she did not know but that does not take away the pain, I wanted her away from him, I wanted that empty part in my heart filled but I knew it would never be because he had it in his. I saw the way Tristan took down my fighters, he was deadly. I saw the way he stood in front of K and fought them for her, he was protective. I saw the way K looked at him, it was a mix of trust, worry and loyal. She will disown me in a heartbeat if I hurt her precious made . . .

And that’s when I got the idea. If it was another pack that killed him she would not blame me resulting in her coming back to me, not disowning me. She would be in my arms again and this time I would never let go.

I thought about whom I could get; Alpha Mark was out of the question; a connection to K. Bret wasn’t even an option . . .

I ran in the woods for hours getting to my father’s land. I wanted this thing done and over with so I could get back to my life, back to way things were supposed to be. I growl rumbled in my chest feeling the anger, regret and hurt over this whole situation.

Once I got close to the land I changed and waited at the territory line. I didn’t wait long since the wolves were always running patrol. “May we help you?” a man asked.

“I need to see your alpha.” I replied in my alpha voice but bowed my head showing I would not mean them or their alpha any harm.

After giving me a full on scan determining if I was a threat or not he said, “This way.” His head barley jerked to the side motioning for me to follow him. As I took my first step two wolves came from behind the trees and followed close behind me. We walked in silence for the ten minutes it took to get to the house. The man turned to me, “Who should I say is requesting his presence?” I held back a roll of my eyes at his question. Father always had them talk like idiots. Request his presence, what are we nights at the round table. I’m surprised the guy didn’t say shall I say thy name of whom is requesting his majesties presence.

The man clears his throat breaking my little rant in my head. I looked the man square in his dark eyes daring him to say a word as I spoke my next two, “His son.” I haven’t said those words in a very long time and it was degrading having to come here and admit I am his. To come here and ask him for help.

The man’s face showed a brief surprise expression before he put the blank face back on and tilted his head in understand meant and disappeared into the house. He was back within the next minute, “Come with me please.” He said stepping to the side allowing me to walk in the house first. I stopped ignoring my surroundings around me waiting for him to walk past me. When he did I followed him into an office. “He will be with you shortly.” He said abruptly and turned walking down the hall we just came.