Chapter 11 Training the New Vampire Army

Rapture The Final Battle By: LadyDawn

2014 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 11 Training the New Vampire Army

We were all down in the training room as we always are every morning at this time of day with commander Wilder barking out orders to us. She is being unusually rough this morning for some reason, when we are all paged up to the conference room for an important call from the High Council; something we haven't heard from them in over a month now. We drop what we were all doing and flash up to the conference room to take the call from the Queen herself.

“My Queen, how may we be of service to you this fine day?” Bavo inquires of our grandmother the Queen. “There is nothing wrong there at the castle that requires our immediate attention? He asks.

“No, no nothing here my boy all is quite fine. I have a request for you all, your service in training a regiment of new guards to serve as a small army over the New Castle De LaRetireé that has just been refurbished.” She paused so we could absorb what she had told us so far. To think about it. This was the castle we moved all the retired Council members out of a couple of months ago; it is finished already? They sure work fast. “By the time you have the whole guard staff whipped into shape the finishing touches should be finished and ready for you all to move them back in.” Oh joy we get to move a bunch of whiny old coot back to their old castle again just my idea of a fun way to spend a weekend. Not.

“When do we start their training, and where my Queen?” Bavo asked the all important questions we all had on the tips of our tongues.

“Today if you have nothing more important planned, and here in the courtyard of the High Council command would be preferable, being they are all stationed here at the present, and you may pick and choose the ones you want to assign for the job yourself.” She had a slight strain to her voice toward the end.

“Is there something you are not telling us My Queen about these men or do I just assume that it is so?” Lady Gaia inquired.

“Yes quite right my dear. There is one that I request be left in charge as their leader when all the training is said and done. A cousin to one of your uncles a young Sabau cousin about your own age. We just now found out about him a month ago through a spy in the west near you all, he is here and fully check out and ready for training along with the men you also pick out.” the Queen informed us.

“We will pack up and be there within the hour my Queen,” Bavo hung up the conference phone and we went about getting our uniforms on then everything we would need packed in our small back packs along with our swords and eight wooden training swords. We would use them to teach the men how to fight with a sword, and we would also teach them our style of hand to hand combat with a twist. I know why we are having to do all this training it was because of what Bavo did on his last day at the training camp blowing up the town on the way out. Damn him, look at all the work he has got us into. “Is everyone about packed and ready to go? Bavo looked around to each of us.

“I could use a minute more be right back.” I flashed back up to my room and ran into my bathroom in the just the nick of time. I cleaned up, and flashed back to get ready to go with the group to Germany. “I'm ready sorry for the delay. I blushed my eyes turned a deep shade of reddish pink.

“OK. Everyone join hands to arms and hold tight.” Lady Gaia gave out the exact same instructions she always gave before flashing us anywhere. The next thing I knew we were standing in the middle of the concourse of the old air terminal at the High Council command castle with the usual six guard escort to lead us to our destination. The Queen.