Chapter 33 Who Are You?

Rapture The Final Battle By: LadyDawn

2014 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 33 Who Are You?

I was dreaming I was on the most beautiful white sandy beach being lapped by the stunning blue waves softly thrumming the shoreline, wearing this most amazing two piece blue-green bating suit; strolling along the waters edge with Diana kicking up the occasional splash of water before us. A horrendous wale of a klaxon went off somewhere off in the distance that seemed to keep getting louder and louder as time went on. The dream transmogrifies into reality with the wail inside our room, Diana's and mine. We were under attack. I whipped my duvet off my bed; falling to the floor at the foot of my bed long after my feet hit the floor running to Diana to make sure she was getting up, and dressed in her battle gear. “Diana? Get up and dressed quick, here put theses on we are being attacked. Hurry while I go get changed.” I tossed her things on her bed as she was just stepping out of bed then ran to my armoire to get dressed. I changed in record time, and was just slipping my sword over my head so I could bind the straps around my waist when Diana came up to me; she was dressed and ready to go. We joined hands, flashed down to the war room where all the cameras were situated for the entire manor; as well as the satellite tracking and firing systems were located at.

Outside around the manor in the snow covered fields puffs of smoke kept going up from the ground in every direction where the lasers with hitting at targets. It was all automatic—our automated high-tech firing sequence to protect the manor around the outside of the walls between the walls and the forest—it was picking off whatever was out there trying to get in to attack us and working perfectly. The only problem was we couldn't tell what they were from inside the manor at the present. “Turn on the lights, and let's see what we have out there,” Bavo told the satellite operator, a burly vampire ex-guard that we retrained specifically for this purpose—well Emmie did—many years ago. He reached over to the main panel waved his hand over the screen that corresponded to the area we were looking at on the overhead monitor, and the outside area lit up like daylight. The whole area under the lights was swarming with wolves and red-eyed demons. The wolves were holding back at the tree-line, but the demons were venturing into our kill zone; those were the puffs of smoke we were seeing. I guess the demons were not as intelligent as the wolves when it came to learning a lesson. But why were the wolves joining up with demons in the first place, and here at the manor of all places; they know it is an impenetrable fortress. Proven many times over.

“Why are we all of a sudden getting so many demons attacking all around the world?” I asked. “We have never see them before, ever!” I am amazed.

“I was thinking the very same thing,” Lady Gaia said. “Where are they all coming from? There have been no reports of mass troubles around the world before just lately, so, they must have been hiding someplace to grow a mass of this proportions?” She went wide eyed as we watched over fifty go running for our wall at one time, and all go up in smoke. “Wow, that thing really works!”

“I'll say,” I could swear my eyelids must have hit my hairline. That was some mass of demons that just tried to get in and failed. This is like that ancient game I read about 'Whack a Mole' only the laser version, a much improved version. It was so funny to watch. “They never seem to give up which I guess is great for us that will give us much less to have to deal with in the future.” I plopped down in a nice comfy office chair to watch the show with the rest of the crew. It was just starting to get light out by the view of the cameras, and it became evident that the wolves were slowly pulling back into the wood around the manor slinking away into the dusk of the day. The demons keep jumping into the fray, and killing themselves all around the four corners of the outer walls. For the last three hours they have never given up; not even the least little bit, stumbling over themselves to die in the fields of red snow. It was so bad it was almost comical now.