Chapter 7: Right Here

Justin Bieber Fan Fiction

Book 1: As Long As You Love Me I'll Recover 

Chapter 7: Right Here

Baby, I'm here, I'm here to stay
I ain't going nowhere
I know you're scared cause you've been hurt
Baby, it's alright.

“You know how mom and dad feel about college. What are you going to do?” I asked her.

She shrugged, “That’s why I needed to talk to you. I have a good, reliable plan for my life, but I don’t know how to tell mom and dad. Mom and dad are strict when it comes to getting a college education.”

“Wait,” I stopped her, “They believe in getting at least a two year degree and you’ve been in college for two years.”

She shook her head, “I didn’t finish. I was a semester away from graduating, but I couldn’t handle it anymore; I couldn’t.”

“So what have you been doing this semester? Where have you been staying?”

“I’ve been staying at a friend’s house.”

I sighed, “What’s your reliable plan?”

“I’ve been playing piano and guitar gigs in clubs and basically wherever I can. I’m trying to save up money so I can buy a building and start a music teaching company.”

I smiled, “That’s a great plan.”

She smiled, “I’m really excited, but I need your help when it comes to telling mom and dad.”

“How do you want to start?” I asked her. “They don’t even know you’re home.”

She shrugged, “I don’t know.”

“Let’s go into town and walk around for a while. We can talk everything through.”

She nodded, “That’s a good idea.”

            I’ve always been really close with my sister. She’s only two years older than me, and we both have a love of music. Melody was supposed to be going to college to become a teacher. My parents have a strict rule about going to college for at least two years to get some kind of degree. They want us to get a good education and a great career and believe it is only possible with some kind of college degree. I feel bad that Melody was forced to go to college because I knew that she loved music. Being a teacher wasn’t her dream; playing music is her dream. We walked back out to her car and she drove us to town. Melody parked her car on the street and we got out to walk around for a while. We walked the town hand in hand as she talked about her life.

“I just don’t know Melanie. Mom and dad are so strict about going to college, what are they going to say when they find out I quit? And over a semester ago none the less; they’re going to be so disappointed in me.”

“But it’s your life,” I told her, “and you are the one that has to be happy with your life. Mom and dad can’t make your life decisions for you.”

“But you know how they are.”

“They’ll get over it eventually.”

“I hope so,” she said, “but enough about me; tell me what’s been going on with you.”