Ch. 2

I never can get a break from my work. Sure, I take vacation time and the monthly sick days, but when I have to work, it's like I haven't been in for months because of all the paperwork I have to do.

I try to sort through all of them but my head is pounding and I can't focus. This weekend has got me in a fog and I can't shake it. I never get too fucked up on weekends because I know the outcome of it all when Monday morning rolls around.

"Someone had a fun weekend, huh?" I stop looking through my papers and look up to see Bryan smiling down at me. This idiot has been crushing on me ever since I started working here. So basically, three years.

He knows I'm gay. Hell, everyone in the whole building knows it. But he seems to lack the ability to comprehend shit that goes through his ears.

I'm pretty sure he has no brain, because he's the dumbest bastard I have ever met.

"Leave me alone, Bryan. I have shit loads of work to do." all this paper work is driving me up the wall. I haven't even started on it!

"I'll make a deal,"

"I am not sleeping with you." this idiot has been begging to get inside my pants forever.

He let out a laugh and it sounded like nails on a chalkboard. "We all know you want to," he winks at me and I try my best not to puke all over him. "But no darling, I was going to ask if you wanted to do a little trading. I will do all of your work, if you go out with me this Friday."

I laughed and it hurt so much in my stomach. This guy could be a comedian. I stop laughing and look at him, "That's funny. Ever considered stand-up comedy?"

He stands there not amused at all and it makes me laugh even harder. This man is a fucking riot.

I wipe my non-existing tears away and stare at him. "Dude, I am not straight. How many times do I have to tell you."

"One date with me, and I could make you straighter than that pole outside."

I chuckle, "No thank you," I pick up an invisble stick off my desk, "Here boy, fetch!" I threw it across the room and looked at him with a grin on my face.

"Whatever, bitch." he storms off and I go back to my work. I finally get started and it's stressful as hell.

I keep looking up at the clock on the wall, and the minutes seem to tick by so damn slowly. I finally get done with a stack of papers, but I am nowhere near done. I look around the office and see Rachel at her desk, working hard as usual.

I work as a Graphic Designer. I am the best in this business because I get shit done. Rachel does too. The boss specifically picked me for the main job, and I love it. I've always had a thing for designer stuff, so this job is perfect for me. But the paperwork is killing me.

By the time I get half way done, it's lunch time. Rachel makes her way to my desk and smiles, "Lunch date?" I nod and grab my things then head out.

We always eat at the same place because it's our tradition. When we first started working here, everyone told us that this place was the best food around here; Chinese food.

It's a buffet, so it's perfect. We usually take our food to go but we decide to stay for a while and eat here. As we sit down, someone catches my eye on the TV. I quickly look but it's nothing important.

I thought I saw someone who looked familiar. I dismiss the thought and I start eating and listen to Rachel talk about whatever the hell she's talking about.

"So, what do you think?" I look up to see Rachel staring at me. Was she just asking me a question?

"Um, sorry, I wasn't listening."