Thinking Some More

Bunga made his way back to Hakuna Matata Falls. He heard the sound of rustling. He turned a corner and found his Uncles Timon and Pumbaa. They were eating grubs from a fallen log. Pumbaa used his tusks to tear bark from the log and they lapped up the scurrying insects.

  "Hey! Save some for me!", Bunga called to them.

"You'd better hurry up and catch them", Timon laughed, scooping up a brightly-colored beetle.

Bunga rushed forward and snatched up a worm and a beetle.
He slurped up the worm and crunched on the beetle.  Suddenly his nose caught a familiar scent.

He sniffed the air and walked towards the scent.

  "Hey, Bunga what you got?", Pumbaa asked.

"I think it's... But it can't be..", Bunga sniffed.

He led Timon and Pumbaa to a rotted stump behind some giant bush leaves. The stump was dark brown and was covered in small holes all over it.

   Bunga grabbed a piece of bark and tore it off.

"It is! Termites!", Bunga exclaimed.

Thousands of tiny termites scurried out of the stump.

"Get em!", Timon shouted as they all gobbled up termites.

After an evening of feasting on termites and other insects.

Bunga made himself a nest of leaves and lay on his back, gazing at the stars. He looked up at the constellations and connected stars to look like other animals.

He smiled to himself.  "Hey, that one kind of looks like Kion", Bunga whispered pointing to a constellation that looked like a small lion.

I wonder if Kion is looking at the stars, too. If he is; I hope he sees a badger up there, Bunga thought.

He thought again about how much fun he has being part of the Lion Guard. How much fun he had with Fuli, Ono, Betshe, and especially Kion. If Kion wasn't in the Lion Guard, Bunga doubts that he would even join.

  One day I'm gonna do something big and impress him big time...., he thought as he drifted off to sleep.