Pep Talk

Why do I care?, Bunga thought.
I have tons of other things to do.

But as he was walking he found himself blindly following the familiar path to pride rock. Some part of him just wouldn't let him get ignore it.

He got closed enough to hear Fuli laughing. Without thinking he quickly rushed into the Lion Guard base entrance to see Fuli trying  to convince Kion to come out.

"Okay this is my last offer you come out and I'll let you win a race against me. And I'll let, you brag that you beat me", Fuli said, raising her head high.

"No thanks, Fuli", Kion said absently staring off in the distance.

"Fine, whatever", Fuli said, obviously irritated as she walked off.

  "Uh, hey, Kion", Bunga called nervously. "You alright?"

  Kion looked over at Bunga and quickly looked away.

"Bunga! I'm sorry! I was the one who told you to steer the herd and it almost ended you", Kion said, still looking away.

"Come on, look at me. I'm just fine, Kion. It wasn't your fault. I would've done it whether you gave the order or not.  And you know that", Bunga told Kion.

"Bunga, I just--"

"No! Kion look at me!", Bunga said, holding Kion's face. "You are the savanna's fiercest. You can't keep doubting yourself everytime something goes wrong. I'm fine.  And I don't blame you",  Bunga said calmly, looking Kion in the eyes.

"Hevi kabisa... ", Kion sighed, looking down. "Your right, I can't be ready to give up everytime something goes wrong. I'm gonna try harder to be the lion the Guard and the Savanna needs"

"That's the spirit! And like I always say: Zuka Zama!", Bunga said, smiling like he never had before. "See ya, Kion. I gotta get to Hakuna Matata Falls before dinner",  he called as he scampered away.

"Oh, okay. See ya later....", Kion sighed.

And thanks, he thought.