The Hunt

"So do you get it now, Kion?", Bunga asked. 

"Yeah...But I still a shame that some animals have to be eaten", Kion sighed.

"I know", Bunga agreed. "But that's the way the Circle of Life works"

"I honestly thought you would be used to it considering you're a lion", Bunga questioned. 

"Yeah, I'm not allowed to hunt yet..", Kion sighed. "I'm not old enough"

"Well, you shouldn't have to wait that long, I can see your mane starting to grow in", Bunga teased. 

"I oknow..", Kion smirked, puffing out his chest. 

KIon looked down at his paws, which were now getting bigger, and flexed his claws.

"Kiara gets to hunt", he sighed, still flexing his claws. "And you and Fuli can hunt anytime you want to"

"True. But I don't often. My uncles get really nervous every time I bring something back", Bunga groaned. "Sometimes I get tired of eating grubs"

"Heh, I guess we both can't hunt", Kion chuckled before letting out a frustrated sigh. 

"You know what? Let's just do it!", Kion suddenly announced. 

"Huh?", Bunga jumped. "Let's what?"

"Let's hunt", Kion repeated. 

"Uh, I can show you a place I like to look for ground squirrels", Bunga gestured for Kion to follow him. 

"Cool", Kion stalked off and Bunga watched his paws awkwardly press into the ground.

"Well, are you gonna show me?", Kion called.  

"Uh, yeah! I go there all the time", Bunga assured. 

Bunga led Kion down a trail leading towards Hakuna Matata Falls. At a cross path, Bunga took a right into a grassy field.  

"Alright, it's here", Bunga smiled. "This grass is so filled with rodents, we really don't need to actually hunt for them. They just basically come to you"

"This isn't really what I had in mind, but it'll make good practice. Plus, I'm really hungry", Kion thought aloud.

"Alright, you just gotta slink into the grass quietly", Bunga whispered as he slunk his way into the wall of grass. 

Kion followed quietly after, placing his paws carefully in front of the other. He was surprised to see a mouse dart right in front of him and dash away. 

"You find anything?", Bunga's head burst through the grass, scaring Kion. 

"Uh, not yet..", Kion answered slowly. 

"Well, come in here!", Bunga motioned with his paws and disappeared back in the grass. 

Taking a deep breath, Kion slowly stalked into the grass. The blades tickled his whiskers. His left ear darted left as he heard the faint rustling and squeak of a nearby mouse. 

Crouching down, Kion slowly stretched forward. Suddenly, the mouse darted right in front of him. Reacting quickly, Kion's muzzle darted forward and clamped down on the smaller creature. 

"Wow. You caught one", Bunga popped out of the grass again. "Wanna see what I got?"

Kion nodded. Bunga parted the grass behind him and Kion gaped to see 3 mice and 1 ground squirrel. 

"I got enough for both of us", Bunga smiled. Kion couldn't help but notice that fangs were growing in next to Bunga's signature buck teeth. 

Kion just nodded and picked up 3 mice. He motioned with his head to go out of the grass.