Other Badgers?!?!

It was dawn. Bunga was asleep beside Timon and Pumbaa, dreaming of him and Kion living happily in the Pride Lands, protecting the Circle of Life and helping others. A ray of sunlight filtered through the leaves of the treetops hit him directly in the face.

Bunga's eyes slowly opened. Yawning, he looked back and forth he felt his uncle Timon resting against his shoulder. He lifted his head and noticed that Pumbaa was actually gone.

Still half asleep, Bunga scanned his surroundings for any sign of him. He closed his again, just assuming he just had to go.

----

Bunga woke up again immediately noticing that the feeling of his uncle Timon no longer resting on his shoulder. He jumped up, now looking frantically for both of his uncles. He breathed a sigh of relief as he saw both Timon and Pumbaa appear from behind a wall of large-leaved bushes.

After calming down, Bunga looked up and saw a steady golden light filtering through the leaves. It must have still be morning, not as early as before, but it's still morning.

"Bunga! You're up. You'll never believe what happened!", Timon called as Bunga got up on his paws and stretched.

"What is it?", Bunga yawned, not really thinking much about what his uncle was so excited. His mind was still clouded with the rush of adrenaline he felt just as he woke up.

"Pumbaa here was hunting for grubs and he found something. Well, not something. More of someone. And not someone, but someone's", Timon explained as he tried to find the right form of speech.

"Anway, we found a group. And not just an group. It's a group of honey badgers like you! And they seem to be your age", Timon smiled goofily at the thought of his little badger making friends of his species.

Bunga didn't really know what to think. He sometimes thought about what if he met his actual parents, but he never thought he would actually meet other honey badgers. Now that he actually thought about it he really didn't know anything about being a honey badger. The only other time he felt like this was when he ate that mouse for the first time.

"Bunga? Bunga?", Timon's voice broke through Bunga's thoughts.

"Sorry, I was just thinking. Like, what do I even say to them?", Bunga asked with a hint of nervousness in his voice.

"Aw, just be yourself. Everyone likes you just the way you are", Pumbaa advised.

"Okay...", Bunga agreed with skepticism.

He followed Timon as he led them towards the spot where he found the group. Bunga felt his heartbeat quicken as Timon told him they were almost there. What would he even say to them? Where they anything like him?

" Alright, Bunga. Follow me, I hope still there", Timon bounded away excitedly.

Bunga nervously followed by Timon, his nervous thoughts continuing. As he focuses again on following his uncle he looks around and realized they were still in Hakuna Matata Falls, but in a part of it he's never ventured in before.

This part was more congested with vines, tall flowers, and bushes tightly pushed together. Looking up, it was almost impossible to see the sun through the immense layers of vines and branches tangling around each other.

Timon abruptly stopped as they reached a solid wall of bloomed bushes. Bunga quietly stalked up beside him. Sure enough, Bunga could hear voices on the other side of the wall of foliage. All of them were male voices. They even sounded his age, if not just a bit older.

Wordlessly, Timon signaled Bunga to hop through the wall and introduce himself. Bunga hesitated, and started to slowly creep backwards. He never felt like this before.