Chapter Three. I'm not here to be a sex joke.

No one said anything to me after that comment. They both just nodded and it got quiet. My parents were always a soft subject this time of year. It was kind of an awkward silence when Ren and his girlfriend walked in. They had a 24 pack of beer and pinacle whipped and a big bottle of rootbeer. 

"Parties here!" Lola announced as they walked into the living room.

Trey walked into the house after them and had some plastic cups. They set everything up on the coffee table. I hadn't seen Trey in months. He was going to school at NYU majoring in performing arts.

"I call DJ!" I announced and ran up to my room to grab my ipod and then went back downstairs and hooked it up to the giant ass speakers and clicked on the Clare family party mix.

We were all taking shots, Nick and Trey set up beerpong in the kitchen. I called Al to tell her to get her ass over for Clare night. That's what we call this thing. Clare night.  We have few rules for Clare night. 

#1. No one leaves the house. 

#2. No one takes advantage of anyone. 

#3. No drama.

#4. Party hard.

#5. Don't be stupid. 

#6. What happens on Clare night stays at Clare night. 

Those six basic rules keep it light and fun. Allie has always come over. So she said she would bring the snacks. And the weed. She showed up an hour later and locked the door on her way in. I grabbed the key bowl and asked everyone to put their car keys in it and then put the bowl in the lock box. I locked it and then put the keys in my makeup drawer. I grabbed all the cellphones and put them in the pantry. No cellphones no distractions. Just fun. Me and Al light up a blunt and shared it. We were giggling and freaking out at what we thought we saw. We were laying on the island in the kitchen staring at the ceiling. 

"Andy you're my best friend." 

"Al you're my sister." 

And we linked pinkies with each other. We must have sat like that for a long time to lazy and relaxed to move. Brad walked into the room and pulled me into his arms and brought me upstairs. We locked ourselves away in the room and passed out as innocently as little kids. When I woke up I realized my arms were duck taped around a pillow and around my body all the way past my hands and my ankles were in an impossibly tight rope. I looked at Brad and he was handcuffed to the bed frame. 

"Stupid Clare night!" I yelled waking up Brad. He looked at his arms and sighed. 

"When I imagined getting hand cuffed to a bed this was not what I had in mind." He said and winked at me. 

"REN NICK TREY GET YOUR ASSES IN HERE NOW!!!!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. They all walked in laughing and took pictures. 

"Whoever falls asleep first on Clare night gets fucked with remember!?" Ren said laughing. 

They uncuffed Brad and then they had to rip all the tape from my arms and I was crying by the time they were finished. 

"You guys suck." I said and they all laughed. 

Christmas break happened very fast. Brad and I fought a lot. We swore we were in love with each other, but really were we? We were at the airport he was waiting for his flight to leave. 

"Brad I have to be honest with you.." I told him 

"Me too.. I know I swore that I loved you and everything, but in reality we don't know anything about each other. I'm working on this new buisness deal and I don't really have the time to worry if you're cheating on me again.. So I think we should end this. I mean we can totally be friends but.."