7

"Ugh" I groaned. I couldn't fall back asleep.
I checked the time. 8:13. Damn. I got up and made a bowl of cereal. After I ate I did the dishes and straitened up the house for no reason other than because it was a bit cluttered.

I sat down and checked the time again. 9:07. I put on an episode of The Office and around 10:30 Lily yawned and walked into the kitchen.

"Do you want any coffee?" Lily asked. "Coffee sounds great!" I replied. "Well get up and get it yourself. I'm not your maid" she replied in a cranky tone. "What's wrong with you this morning?" I asked. "I stayed up all night last night watching Your Lie in April" she said. "Did the feels get you?"
"Yes" she replied and started to sob.

a/n you should watch your lie in April. It is so good. Anyways continue.

We sat and watched tv for a bit and around 1 in the afternoon I heard a knock at the door.

"Oh, hey dan. " I greeted him.
"Hey. How was your date?"
Ah the dreaded question.
"Ok, I guess." I said more gloomily than I had meant to.
"Are you sure? You sound disappointed." Dan said, concerned.
"Yeah, it was fine. Do you want to come inside?"
He gives me a skeptical look and then rolled his eyes and walked in.
"So why did you drop by last night?" I asked him.
"Oh just to see if you wanted to play video games with me and Phil. Phil is out right now or else I would offer to do it today."
"Oh ok" I replied.
"You seem to be in a bad mood today." He says.
"Just going through some personal stuff nothing to worry about." I said it in a more cheery voice trying to make Dan less worrisome.
"Maybe you should stop worrying about your problems, Shay. You're not the only one who has them!" Yelled Lily and then ran off to her room sobbing.
"What's up with her? Dan asks.
"She stayed up all night last night watching Your Lie In April." I replied.
"Ah. So she's got a bad case of the feels. That anime will do it to you. It took me a week to finally get out of bed after watching it." Dan said in a reminiscent sort of way.
"Same. I cried so much I was dehydrated in the end."

We laughed and talked about some of our favorite animes. We talked for about an hour getting along really well and then he glanced down and so did I. I realized that my sleeve was pushed up a bit and my bandages were showing.

"What happened there?" He asked worried. I pulled my sleeve down.
"It's nothing." I replied.
"It's more than nothing."
"I burned my arm on the oven." I said and looked away.
"You're lying." He said and grabbed my arm. I winced.
"I told you it's nothing. Don't worry about it. Just leave it alone."
"If it's nothing then you wouldn't mind me seeing it." He retorted.
I stayed silent and kept looking away.
He slowly unwrapped the bandage and I tried to pull away but his grip was too tight. I started to cry due to his tight grip on my hurt arm and because I was ashamed and scared of what he might think.
"Shay." He said in a sympathetic tone.
"Shay please look at me." He said as he gently rubbed my arm.
"No, I'm too ashamed." I said between sobs.
"Just tell me why? Why would you do this to yourself?"
"You wouldn't understand."
"Oh really? He said and pulled up his own sleeve, letting me see his old scars. "I wouldn't understand?"
"I can't tell you why."
"Why not?"
"I just... I can't. I would sound like a terrible person."
He grabbed my hand.
"Nothing you say could make me think that you are a terrible person. Unless you're like a mass murderer or something." He comforted me in an odd sort of way.
"It's my boyfriend."
"Is he hurting you? Abusing you? Threatening you? I swear to god I will kill him." Dan lost control.
"No! Nothing like that. He's perfect. Too perfect. He is everything a girl could ever ask for... but I can't return the feelings he has for me and I like another guy and I just feel so guilty. I'm sorry for bothering you with my problems. Can we just um forget about this?"
"First promise me something."
"What?"
"That you won't hurt yourself anymore."
"I can't promise that. You of all people should know how it feels."
"Then I guess we can't forget about it. So who is the other guy you like?"
"You don't know him." I lied. I couldn't tell him because it is him.
"Then it won't hurt to tell me his name, right?"
"Haven't I told you enough today?" I snapped at him. Immediately feeling guilty.
"I'm sorry I shouldn't have snapped. Can we just do something else?"
"Um... sure. Like what?"
"ANIME!"
He chuckled.
"Ok. Tokyo Ghoul?"
"Sure!"
And we watched anime all night long and eventually I fell asleep in his arms.
***
Ok so again a bit depressing but at the same time kind of adorable. Any ways bye. Also watch Your Lie in April. It is on Netflix and crunchy roll and it is gr8 m8. Ok bye. For real this time.