Ch.3 Agony

I finished a large salad and set toppings on the side for the girls to add as they desired. I had rolled out dough for six pizzas and placed the finished products into the oven twenty minutes before so they should be just about finished. One of the perks of the pack house kitchen was that they had equipped it with teenage wolf appetites in mind so making several things at once was not only feasible but was obviously expected. After setting the table and placing the pizzas next to the salad I rang the bell that Ty had me use whenever his parents were away. Speaking without permission was forbidden, even if to provide information. The sound of my voice was apparently offensive, so the bell informed them when I was done with an assigned task. Once I heard the sound of them approaching I moved to the side door that led to the back hall and ultimately my sanctuary.

"Leave," was all that was said once Ty looked over the table to ensure it was to his satisfaction. Tension that I didn't even know existed left my shoulders with his dismissal and I gratefully slipped from the room and into my little space.

My wolf hadn't spoken to me since the small whimpers before my beating, although I felt the strength she lent me and the comfort of her presence was like a teddy bear or well... A best friend, hell, my only friend.

" Are you ok?" I silently projected. Alarms went off when there was no answer. I could feel her awareness, it was like knowing someone was in the room with you, but being unable to see them.

"Please, I don't want to feel alone right now..." My pleading went unanswered for a time. And then, as I was on the verge of tears came my wolf's, Sky, whispered reply.

*i am here, just tired of it all. We need to leave this place, soon.*

" I know, but until I am of age or I meet my mate and can seek his protection we have no where to go."

The image of an all black wolf with bright blue eyes flooded my mind, the almost spicy scent like ginger or nutmeg something reminiscent of Christmas accompanied the vision. The forest loomed behind him, calling to me to run, to hunt, to be free. I actually felt myself falling into the vision and realized I had dozed off. I wondered briefly if I whimpered and pumped my legs in my sleep like a puppy before I surrendered to Sky's desires. We flew through the dream forest beside our mate. Our body warm and supple, muscles stretching gloriously as we found our footing instinctively and relished the wind in our silvery gray fur. The scent of nearby water grabbed our attention and in typical dream fashion I immediately found myself beside a clear calm lake, the moon reflected in its glassy surface. My mate looked glorious as he stood tall beside me, I rubbed myself along his length and used my tail to caress his throat. His scent covered me almost fulfilling a physical need. I felt the muzzle of my mate pushing through my glossy coat, a low growl signaling his desire to mate....

mate

MATE?

I woke up suddenly a light sheen of sweat on my body as if the exertion was genuine.

" Geez, Sky! Really?"

* oh grow up, we should be looking for our mate not just dreaming of him anyway. Besides, we share more than a mind, I know you felt our body's response. We are ready.*

Never had I been so grateful as when she stopped talking at that moment.

I wasn't a prude, I knew that sex was natural, necessary even. It was the sealing factor in the mating bond. However after cleaning the rooms of single unmated wolves for so long, I shied away from the subject. I knew the basics, what was taught in elementary school, but felt uncomfortable delving too deep into the details. My wolf's more physical nature often put us at odds on this topic. However, keeping thoughts private when you share a body and mind... Not so much.