Ch. 12 Options

I curled my legs up and snuggled closer into Matthews's side. We were in the theatre room in the pack house watching a scary movie. It was called Centipede People or the Human Centipede or something. It was way gorier than anything I would have picked but it wasn't my turn to choose the movie. Honestly, the moment the mad scientist revealed his plan and we saw the first attempts at his work I started tuning it out. I had wanted to go to the movie theater that was on the packs land but Trinity hadn't been to a movie, at least as far as she could remember, and the first time she went with us it was very overwhelming for her. She wasn't as stressed about it as she had been when she first arrived but we tended to watch movies in the theatre room so we could all relax and enjoy our time fully.

There were six of us tonight, Matthew had brought two friends of his but the two of us were the only once really making a connection. The girls were on one side and the guys on the other. It was like an awkward third grade dance in here, but it was to be expected, and one thing I had learned here was to let people move at their own pace. Matthew and I had become a "thing" I guess you could say. It was weird at first but the girls helped speed up the process. I remember our first "date".

The girls were late getting to the house, we were going to head out to the waterfall for a swim and they agreed to meet here before we left. They said they would be here in five minutes and that was like an hour ago.

" UUUGGG", I growled as I tossed my towel on the bed and flopped back onto it after checking out the window for like the 89th time. "Where are those cows?!" To top it off neither of them were answering their phones. This delay was seriously stealing my mojo. I rolled over and almost fell off the bed as I reached for my phone. I was beyond texting like thirty minutes ago and had started leaving voicemail promising various forms of torture I was willing to commit if they didn't get here. I was just about to promise to turn them into piñatas and allow the pack kids to celebrate all their birthdays at once when Dasia finally answered.

"Where are you dork monkey?" she yelled. I could hear the roar of the waterfall in the background.

"What the hell, Dasia! We were supposed to walk up there together!" I fussed as I grabbed my towel and backpack before I headed out my door.

"Nope... I specifically remember us saying we would meet here. We got here twenty minutes ago and figured you were just running late, hurry up!"

"You are so ridiculously senile, Day. You are so lucky I love you. Why didn't you answer your phone?"

"Trin's battery is dead, we saw that you wrote her but it died before we could read it, and mine was in my bag. We assumed it was just you saying you were on your way. Hey, before you go...what suit are you bringing?" she asked.

"My black one piece with the Star Trek insignia, if it pleases your Majesty." I replied. "Why?"

"Wrong answer, Dork monkey." She laughed. Bring the new red two piece and make it quick!"

"Bossy much bitch? What's going on? Why do you care...OMG are harboring a secret crush on me? You want to see my sexiness don't you!!!" I giggled as I switched out my favorite, and slightly faded I had to admit, suit for the red one they had made me buy three weeks prior.

"That's it... you caught me. I'm totally obsessed. Just hurry up, the cabana is up so you can shift and get dressed in there," she laughed.

I should have known then that something was up. But my friend being weird was actually not something new, so I dismissed it and was out of the door without a second thought. The run to the lake didn't take long and I was nearing it within 15 minutes at an easy pace. My wolf, Sky, got out enough for training but the chance to just have the freedom to run and enjoy the woods wasn't presented as often. Between training, my duties now that I sat in on meetings and catching up on gaps in my education I wasn't left with as much free time as my friends, who took up the rest of my time. The woods almost smelled sweet with the new growth of Spring blooming all around. The smaller animals fell silent with my passing out of respect, at least Sky chose to believe it was respect, I knew it was fear. We were at the meeting place far too soon for Sky's pleasing but she reluctantly gave me control as I stepped into the cabana that had been left open for me. After shifting back I was already naked, so slipping into my suit took no time and I headed out to join the laughter and splashing.