first encounter

"So, ikaw pala si Maine....patingin nga ng mga papers na yan?" Rj said as he hovered over Maine who was busy working on some office papers.

"......"

"Sabi ko patingin..." Rj said again but this time swiping some papers from the table.

Maine scrambled to get them back. Rj, being taller, held them high above his head. Maine tried to reach for them but failed.  In the end, she sat back down and continued working.

"Hmm...maganda naman pala penmanship mo....saan ka nag-aral?"

"CSB....bakit?"

"Ahh....wala lang...."

"O, nagsawa ka na ba sa nilalaro mong baril-barilan at ako naman ang ginugulo mo dito?" Maine said as she finally swiped the papers off his hand when Rj laid his hands down on the table.

"Hindi....gusto lang kita guluhin..."

"Bahala ka dyan...." Maine said and adjusted her seating and turned slightly away from him.

Rj pulled the chair beside Maine's on the square table and stared at the papers before shifting his attention to her.

"Alam mo....maganda ka sana...."

"Huh?"

"Sabi ko, ang sungit mo...."

"....Ay! nagsalita ang hindi mayabang at masungit din...."

"....."

"Wow! As if hindi nya alam na masungit sya...."

"....."

"For your information, Mr. Ricardo Joaquin Cipriano Reyes Faulkerson, Jr., ang yabang-yabang mo at masungit ka!" Maine said as she looked at him in the eye. She went back to working, plugging her earbuds into her ears before Rj could answer.

Rj was dumbfounded. "Bakit....?" He stared at her with his mouth slightly open.

"Anong bakit?" Maine said after she sensed his presence still beside her, eyes unglued.

"Why? How?  How do you know.....?"

"Which one? Oh, your full name.....Uhmm....eto o...." She pulled out one of the corporation papers she was working on. "...oh, and since you're here....sign mo na rin yan...lahat ha, please...." She said smiling sarcastically, handing him a sign pen.

He clicked his tongue and reluctantly took the pen from her.

He signed the papers and Maine checked them, making sure that he had signed all that needed his signature.

Rj leaned back on his seat and put up his feet on the empty seat beside him and fiddled with the pen he was holding.  Maine, on the other hand, continued working, tuning out everything around her with her with her music from her phone.

He picked up the phone and started fiddling with her playlist, flipping through songs and clicking on them.  She just looked at him, slightly annoyed.  He smirked.  After a few minutes, he put down the phone and started lifting the papers she was working on.  Again, she just looked at him.  He soon got bored, stood up and left.

She exhaled. 

All the while, Pining, who was cleaning nearby, watched what was going on; she smiled and shook her head.

".....hala sya! May gusto ata si Rj sa yo....." Pining said as she picked up some papers that had fallen to the floor and put them back on the table.

"...huh?....uhh...salamat" Maine said as she pulled out her earphones.

"Si Rj....may gusto ata sa yo...." Pining repeated.

"Psshhh....." Maine said as she replugged her earphones and continued working.