Milan

Maine excitedly walked toward the arrival lounge as soon as she saw the sign held up by her dad, Tatay Deo.  It had been 3 years since they had been together, when Tatay came home for vacation.  Maine broke into a sprint from a fast walk and left her suitcase with Rj as she ran towards her father, jumped and hugged him.

"Taaaay!" Maine screamed.

Tatay Deo had his arms open and welcomed Mai and Nanay Marian as well.

When Maine finally broke off her hug, she immediately introduced Rj who was standing alongside his parents.

"Tay....si Rj po....at si Mr. and Mrs. Faulkerson....mga magulang po ni Rj.....sa kanila po ako nagttrabaho...."

The older folk shook hands and exchanged pleasantries.  Tatay Deo extended his hand toward Rj who took it and yanked the boy into a hug.

"Welcome....welcome to Milan! Rj.....alagaan mo itong Menggay ko....." Tatay Deo said as he rested his arm over Rj's shoulder. Rj could only nod and smile nervously.  "Hali na kayo.....dun na tayo sa hotel nyo mag-usap....." Tatay Deo said as he assisted the men with the luggages.

Tatay Deo became their driver and tour guide as they made their way from the airport to the hotel where the Faulkersons were billeted.

"Hindi ko na ibababa yung mga maleta nina Mai at sa bahay na sila tutuloy....ikaw Menggay?"

"Po?"

"Saan mo gusto mag-stay? Sa akin or dito sa hotel? Naka-leave ako ng 3 araw sa trabaho para mai-tour ko kayo....."

Rj smiled at Maine.  He knew how much she missed her dad. "Ah...kung okay lang po sa lahat, dito nalang po ako kay Rj...."

"Of course, iha! You're more than welcome to stay with us...." Tita Chat said.

"Ako bahala sa dalawang ito...." Tito Rich said playfully punching Rj on the arm.

They had dinner at a nearby trattoria recommended by Tatay Deo.  They talked about their itinerary and activities while in Milan.  The travellers would also tour other parts of Italy while Nanay Marian and Mai got settled in Milan.

The next days, Tatay Deo took them around Milan – to the Duomo di MIlano and Santa Maria delle Grazie Convent to see Leonardo DaVinci's famous Last Supper.

"This is spectacular....amazing!" Maine squealed in delight at the sights they visited.  Rj had been to Milan several times so he was itching to boast about it.  He was highly opinionated about certain things that came off as 'mayabang' which earned him several elbows from Maine.  This time however, he allowed her to explore.

On their "last" day in Milan, Rj was visibly distracted and fidgety. Maine noticed this and wondered. "Are you okay?"

"Huh?....uh yeah....I'm fine....I'm okay.....we're going on a tour na tomorrow....we're going to Lake Como...."

"Yes...yes....I'm excited!"

"Me too....me too....."

That evening, while in bed, "....Maine....Sungs......when did you know I was the one?" Rj asked as he played with Maine's fingers.

"Hmm....after you said sorry for destroying my bag......ang kulit mo kaya...."

"Huh?"

"Yes.....you would always pop up in the oddest places kahit na sa bahay nyo lang.....I felt na you were stalking me....."

"No ha! I wasn't stalking you....."

"Ah no ba? So, how do you explain your ALWAYS passing by the office even if you didn't need anything naman?  Or that time when you argued with Kuya Jose on the route to my house, which you've never been to yet then....Or your sending me merienda to the office when you see me walk from the kitchen.....You always asked Pining and Manang about me....."

"Haay Yaya! Chismosa...." Rj chuckled.

"Eh you, how did you know?"

"Well, obvious naman that I wasn't the most friendly person when you first came to the house."

"....nakalunok ng microphone kaya ang hilig sumigaw....To tell you frankly, I was scared of you before...."

"Sorry....sorry.....but you didn't leave or stay away from me....."

"Well, I tried to avoid you at first...."

"But I was persistent...."

"Sobrang kulit!"

"....and lagi mong pinapansin the way I walk...."

"Hehehe! I told you, mali yung size ng brief mo.....that's what you get for having your mom buy all your stuff...."

"Excuse me! I shop for my clothes naman no...."

"Except for your briefs....."

"Argh! I don't...."

"Wear briefs?!" Maine teased some more; seeing Rj getting 'pikon' was pure joy.

"No!"

"So....you go commando?!" Maine sat up, looking at Rj, wide eyed.

"Suuuunggsss!!" Rj whined.

Maine just laughed. "Hahahaha! Pikon naman tong baby ko...." She said as she cuddled on his armpit.

"Papakita ko na talaga na I wear boxer briefs e...." Rj put his hands on his pants' waistband teasing to unclasp the button.

"No na! I believe you....I believe you naaaa" Maine panicked a little bit. She pushed Rj's hand away from his waist band.

"O, so who now is napipikon?"

"I'm not getting pikon....I'm just not ready to see you totally naked.....we're not married yet....."

"Okay....okay....sorry na...."

"Sorry also.....Yabs?...."

"Yes?"

"Thank you...."

"Thank you?"

"....for this? for bringing me to Italy....."

"I know it's your dream to travel.....and for as long as I can support your dreams, I will do it for you....." Rj said as he kissed Maine on the top of the head.