Chapter 2

A/N: Okay so this chapter is pretty boring, but it gets more exciting in the next one I hope - H x

"...so that was the end, that was my dream." I said as we stood outside at lunch. Maddie, Liv and Ty gave each other a look, smiling and I felt a bit self conscious with all the glances and whispered giggles thrown my way.

"Guys, tell me the big secret." I smiled, although I was a bit annoyed.

"Sorry, no you'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out" Maddie smirked evilly as I put two and two together.

"Does this have anything to do with the fact that tomorrow is my birthday?" I asked Maddie as she shook her head vigorously.

"Maddie I've known you since we were eight, I can tell when you're lying." She mimed zipping up her lips.

"Urgh, fine." I mumbled grumpily. "Lets just talk about something else." We diverted back to the earlier conversation of who had the best abs in one direction, until we agreed that we couldn't choose because they were all perfect. The bell rang again and we went back inside for another two hours of lectures. The afternoon sped by in a blur of boring people talking and me looking up to find Maddie smiling at me. She definitely was keeping something from me,

~~~~~~~~~~

We walked out of university, discussing our first day and how it wasn't much different from high school. Everybody piled into my flat - we were having a slumber party for my birthday - and Tyla took one look at my living room and burst out laughing.

"Oh God Noel, we only cleaned it up yesterday. Now it's even worse than before; if that's possible." She joked, as everyone laughed at my smirk.

"Where's Liv?" Maddie asked as we all looked around us. I heard a rustling from the kitchen and walked in to see her stuffing her face with anything she could get her hands on. None of us knew how she stayed so slim, with the amount that she ate.

"We should have known." Tyla giggled as Liv laughed, totally unashamed.

"What I'm hungry?!" Liv mumbled through a mouthful of crisps. We all laughed, including Liv and decided to make it a movie night. Tyla walked into the kitchen holding Love Actually, The Notebook, Titanic and of course: This Is Us.

Lets watch This Is Us first, I haven't seen it since yesterday" I joked.

"Well...you're the birthday girl, at least, you will be tomorrow." Maddie smiled. We walked into my living room, changed into more comfortable clothes and put the DVD on, snuggling on the sofa with blankets and cushions.

~~~~~~~~~~

By the end of the Notebook it was past two in the morning and we were sobbing our hearts out. Me and Maddie were the worst, clutching onto the cushions for dear life. We had always been suckers for a sad movie.

"Well" Maddie sniffed "We should get some sleep so that we aren't too tired for tomorrow." We all agreed and Maddie and I moved onto the airbed to give the others some room. It was only when everyone else was asleep that I remembered the surprise that I would get tomorrow. Then again it was practically today as it was already four in the morning. I cuddled into my pillow and fell asleep, dreaming of my birthday, if only I could afford a meet and greet ticket it would be perfect...