Chapter 5

Noel's P.O.V

I woke up to my alarm and turned over only to find Maddie next to me. I was confused until I remembered the events of the day before. Maddie had slept over because I was so nervous about going to court today. I regretted getting Harry to sign the contract...he was just a normal person and he probably hated me now. I put my head in my hands and started sobbing quietly to myself. I must have woken Maddie up because I felt an arm around my shoulders.

"Hey now, what's wrong?" She asked in a gentle voice.

"I-I'm j-ju-just r-really s-sc-ared." I sobbed into her shoulder, choking on my words.

"I wish I'd never done it, I have no chance of him ever liking me now, he probably hates me!" I cried hysterically.

"Noe, don't be ridiculous, maybe you made a mistake, but what's done is done, and you can't change anything now. I'm sure he doesn't hate you, in fact with the way he was looking at you yesterday, I'm pretty certain it's the complete opposite!" She reasoned. I gave a teary but giggly hiccup in response as we got out of bed.

"What are we going to wear, we only have three hours to get ready!" I became hysterical, emptying my wardrobe. "What the fuck do you wear to court with Harry Styles?!?!" I yelled. Maddie laughed and walked to my chest of drawers pulling out some clothes I forgot I even had. I ended up wearing a white round collared shirt, a black skater skirt and a black cardigan with my hair curled and the sides pinned back. I dabbed on some slut red lipstick for confidence.

~~~~~~~~~~

We walked into the court room which was much less impressive than I was expecting. It was just a room with a big table in the middle. We were a little early, so me and Maddie sat chatting while my lawyer went through the papers. I laughed my ridiculous laugh just as everyone else fell silent and the door opened. In walked the one and only Harry Styles.

Harry's P.O.V

I was so nervous, even though I knew I would win this case. I took a deep breath and walked into the courtroom with Louis not too far behind me. Noel and her other friend, Maddie were sitting at one side of a table and there were three seats on the other side which I'm guessing were for me, Lou and my lawyer. As we sat down I whispered to my best friend.

"Thankyou for coming with me, I really appreciate it." He gave a slight nod of the head, before continuing to stare at Maddie in awe.

"She's so pretty." He murmured as I turned to look at Noel. I noticed she was wearing red lipstick and then her lips started moving. I assumed she was talking to Maddie at first but then noticed her greeny - brown eyes on me.

"I'm so so sorry." She mouthed. I gave her a tiny smile and a nod of my head before I realised I was supposed to be mad at her. I looked away quickly, but not quickly enough to miss the flash of hurt that crossed her face. I gulped as the lawyers started talking.

Two hours later (still Harry's P.O.V):

"In conclusion, Harry Edward Styles and Noel Rose Peterson are engaged to be married, and by the terms of the contract shall never divorce. Case closed." The magistrate banged the tabel with his hand as a less formal way to end the meeting. My mouth dropped open as I realised the enormity of what had just happened. I made eye contact with Noel, my soon to be wife, and immediately wished I hadn't.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered brokenly before turning to her friend and sobbing her heart out. She really did seem sorry, but I didn't know how I was going to forgive her. Before I could think anymore about the matter, I was pulled from the table by Louis and led to another room. I looked around, confused until I saw the boss of my management standing in front of me.

"Mr. Styles, a pleasure as always. Now, just a quick word. None of this mess can get out to the public, I want it contained as much as possible. When in the public eye, you and Miss. Peterson are deeply in love. Got it?" He spoke quickly and sternly before walking from the room, too fast for me to even answer him.

"Come on Haz, we need to go back in now." Louis softly tugged me back into the courtroom where it was now just me, Lou, Maddie and Noel. Well this was going to be awkward...